Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Jose M. Rocha
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Texas on
Q: I want to report someone to CPS because of some things I've seen .I do not want her to know I called CPS on her.

Will they tell her it was me? I dont want her to know it was me. The babies are always dirty hungry and she keeps them in a dirty motel and around drugs

Jose M. Rocha
Jose M. Rocha
answered on Feb 6, 2020

If you suspect or know that a child is being abused or neglected, you should report it as soon as possible. You may call 1-800-252-5400 and tell them right away that you want to remain anonymous. Please know that, even if you tell them your name, Child Protective Services (CPS) keeps the name of... View More

View More Answers

5 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: can I get a non disclosure agreement?

I have a class A misdemeanor assault causing bodily injury from 2015. The victim is now in prison for assault with a deadly weapon. Which no one believed happened to me at the time due to lack of evidence that I was attacked. I did defend myself that’s why I pled guilty to assault. The victim was... View More

Jose M. Rocha
Jose M. Rocha
answered on May 9, 2019

You may petition for an order of non-disclosure to seal records of an arrest and its corresponding judicial process that resulted in you being placed in deferred adjudication probation (community supervision). If you completed the probation successfully, and after the requisite statutory waiting... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Immigration Law for Texas on
Q: My dad is being detained and charged with reentry and is a federal case now.Is there anything that anybody can do ?
Jose M. Rocha
Jose M. Rocha
answered on Apr 28, 2019

You should seek advise from an attorney familiar with reentry cases in federal court and immigration law. A reentry case in federal court depends on many factors to resolve, and to adequately advise you on whether anything that anybody can do to help your father. However, it is important to... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.