Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Amanda M Rokita
1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for California on
Q: My mom has a neighbor that is building a structure on land that belongs to her. How do we stop it?

Also does the neighbor have an squatting rights to her land?

Amanda M Rokita
Amanda M Rokita answered on Sep 15, 2017

An unauthorized trespass on another person’s property is called an encroachment. First, one must confirm that the area of land in dispute is in fact owned by your mother. This can be done by hiring a professional surveyor to survey the land to confirm the property boundaries.

Once it is...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Consumer Law for California on
Q: How many days the a car dealer have to cancel a car contract after you take it home in california.

The car dealer have approved you, give you the car, took my down payment plus sold me extra protection insurance because the finance company is asking for it in order to approve me. After 12 days they send you a letter saying that they haven't found any finance and they ask for more down... Read more »

Amanda M Rokita
Amanda M Rokita answered on Sep 13, 2017

The standard CA car dealer contract has a “retail installment sales contract” provision written in the sales contract. This means that if you buy a car that is financed through the dealership, the dealer (typically) has ten days to find a financing company or bank to buy your car contract. If... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law for California on
Q: I just started my own company and I have found out my old employer is telling my vendors if they sell to me he will

pull his business from them. Basically threatening them. Is this legal, or do I have legal action against him.

Amanda M Rokita
Amanda M Rokita answered on Sep 13, 2017

If your former employer engaged in wrongful acts (misrepresentation, libel), you may have a valid claim for interference with prospective economic relations

A claim for interference with prospective economic relations requires the plaintiff to prove:

1) The plaintiff and a third...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for California on
Q: What is law of refusing service and what can I do about my problem?

I was denied further service by wife of owner because she claims her husband(Owner) and I had a conversation not business related.

Amanda M Rokita
Amanda M Rokita answered on Sep 13, 2017

Under Federal law, businesses can refuse service to persons for any reason unless the business is discriminating against a protected class such as race/color, national origin/citizenship status, religion, sex, age, etc. CA has additional protected classes, including marital status, sexual... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.