Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Noah Klug
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Washington on
Q: My wife recieved an I-797C form extending her 2 yr green card 18 months. If we travel abroad will she be allowed reent

2 year green card expired 2/18. I-751 recieved 11/20/18. I-797C notice 8/18/18 extends green card 18 months. We would like to travel to Thailand in January to visit family. Will she be allowed reentry to US with old green card and this document. Is there anything else we can do?

Noah Klug
Noah Klug answered on Oct 11, 2018

Yes, she will be readmitted with the expired green card along with the I-797 receipt notice. No other document is required.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: 12/6/17,New H1B approved,but out of job & applied H4,received H4receipt 1/19/2018. Can new employer do H1B transfer

never worked on H1B pursuant to H1B approval notice.

My H1B petition was approved on 12/6/17 as COS and at that time I was out of job. I filed for H4 and received receipt dated 1/19/2108. Now on 7/27 I interviewed and was offered a full time role at a global bank. Can there be any possible... Read more »

Noah Klug
Noah Klug answered on Jul 30, 2018

This is a gray area. The immigration team is correct that if you never "activated" your H-1B by working for your H-1B employer for even one day, then it is questionable whether you ever technically held the H-1B status and were counted against the cap.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey on
Q: can i go out of country and back with my valid EAD / AP , after applying EAD / AP renewals
Noah Klug
Noah Klug answered on Jul 30, 2018

Yes, but your renewal application will likely be denied and so you will likely need to refile.

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for Texas on
Q: I have applied for N-400 Citizenship on June 20th, 2018 My Green card expires 01/09/2019. Is it okay to file I90 now ?

I am afraid that Gc will expire and N400 may still be pending. Question is whether it is okay to file I-90 concurrently with N400, given that I have already filed N-400 and is pending.

Noah Klug
Noah Klug answered on Jul 30, 2018

Yes, that is fine to file the I-90.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Massachusetts on
Q: Can I file a I 130 form in order to give MY FATHER a a green card?

I am about to become U.S. citizen and I would like to file a relative petition for my father who entered legally with VISA in U.S in 1998 and stayed unlawfully present for 1 year until he went back to Brazil. But In 2000 at the airport he was DENIED ENTRY and turned back to Brazil. One year later... Read more »

Noah Klug
Noah Klug answered on Jul 30, 2018

Yes, you can still file for him. As an "immediate relative," his past immigration violations are essentially forgiven under the law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.