Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Ary Avnet
1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law and Car Accidents for Indiana on
Q: suspended license and a recent new case due to the suspended being pulled over while driving, looking for help

when the initial accident happened, the driver was not insured and was arrested. He was released on OR the next day and never managed to get his license reinstated, but paid all other court fees. Now, 4 years later, he has been pulled over driving suspended, but received only a court summons. We... Read more »

Ary Avnet
Ary Avnet answered on Jan 8, 2019

I'd be glad to advise him but i'd recommend you hire an attorney from your county or immediate surrounding county. You did not state in which county this occurred.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Real Estate Law for Indiana on
Q: Can I be sued for being uninsured I had an accident on private property I hit something & a vehicle also uninsured?

I put my truck in reverse the throttle stuck open I was unable to stop. I hit a carport style garage in a trailer park; I also hit the truck inside both uninsured. Along with their neighbor's vehicle that was insured. I was driving my boyfriend's vehicle , also uninsured. We all live in a... Read more »

Ary Avnet
Ary Avnet answered on Aug 10, 2018

You can be sued for negligence for the accidents you caused in the truck. If sued, you could assert as a defense that the throttle was stuck open causing the accident but ultimately it would be up to a judge or jury to decide if you were negligent. If there was no valid insurance policy on the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Gov & Administrative Law for Indiana on
Q: Involved in an accident with concert traffic "cops" who didn't know what they were doing

- if the town allowed them to do this, can I sue the town?

Ary Avnet
Ary Avnet answered on Jul 20, 2018

You are allowed to sue to the state, city, political entity if you have file a tort claims notice. Historically, the state had immunity from being sued for torts, but when Indiana filed the Tort Claims Act, it allowed Indiana and its political entities to be sued for certain things, including... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Indiana on
Q: If you plead guilty to a DUI are the penalties less severe?
Ary Avnet
Ary Avnet answered on Jul 20, 2018

It is possible that the penalties may be less severe.

If you plead guilty via a plea agreement, you will know what your penalty will be prior to sentencing, as long as the judge accepts the plea agreement.

If you do not accept a plea agreement, and go to trial and are found...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Indiana on
Q: What should be the next step to proceed after denial of default motion
Ary Avnet
Ary Avnet answered on Jul 10, 2018

I would make sure that service has been perfected. Then you need to proceed to discovery or move for summary judgment if you are able.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Indiana on
Q: Should someone who is sueing, be contacting you. Talking about how much they want.

In longer detail, a friend of mine, said something on the internet about a person. He then preceded to call that my friend, and say he was going to sue her. They don’t know each other personally, so he searched for her number via public records. He went into about the money he wanted out of it.... Read more »

Ary Avnet
Ary Avnet answered on Jul 10, 2018

There is no law prohibiting a person who has not yet sued you from contacting you. Now if they are harassing you that may be another legal issue but there is no prohibition on contact just because suit has been threatened. Even if they do sue you, you can still talk and try to resolve the suit... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.