Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Amber Hardy

4 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for California on

Q: Can my son be convicted with robbery if he had no knowledge the passenger was going to jump out and rob a guy w/ a gun

Amber Hardy answered on Oct 5, 2018

I would really need more information. It depends a lot on if there is any evidence he had knowledge or if he maybe did or said something after. It also depends with his co defendant says. He needs to get an attorney and get help as this is a serious charge. I offer a free consultation if you want... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for California on

Q: Can I change attorneys at trial readiness for felony in California?

Amber Hardy answered on Oct 1, 2018

Yes, however depending how long the case has been going on the court may not allow the attorney time to get ready so you would need to talk to the potential new attorney to have them evaluate if they could get more time and if they could be prepared if the judge denied a continuance.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Minnesota on

Q: Strong asylum case?

Hi. I have a asylum case based on religious ground. My religion is banned in my country. Police can arrest me, fine, confiscate belongings and put me in jail for practicing my religion which includes (possessing literature, participating in worship meetings and proselytizing or teaching someone... Read more »

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 27, 2018

It could be yes. I would need a little more information. I would highly suggest you get an immigration attorney to help you. Feel free to contact me and maybe I can help.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Immigration Law and Civil Rights for Arizona on

Q: Can i post bail for my boyfriend if he is illigal and was detained due to mariguana and meth?

We got stopped we where not told the reason for all we where asked was if we knew where some guy was.. We said no the sherrif knows who she was looking for yet she searched my car and arrested my boyfriend i need help fast.

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 27, 2018

Is the case in CA or AZ. If it is in CA I can help with the criminal and immigration. If it is in AZ I can only help with the immigration. As for posting bail he may have an ICE hold or get one when you post and would then be held for immigration to pick up so bail is tricky. Please feel free to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for California on

Q: I would like to know if my future husband qualifies for a green card. he had a Transit visa and it expired when he came?

We are planing to get married in the next two months and I want to if he qualifies, by marriage I am a US citizen.

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 25, 2018

Good afternoon. It is very possible he could qualify but I would need more information. Please contact me at 323-577-5002 or to discuss.

5 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for California on

Q: My son was arrested for DUI with a BAC of .07. The limit for DUI is .08. will his be reduced or dropped possibly?

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 25, 2018

Good afternoon. There are a lot of variable that come into play for your sons case. He may get lucky and the case may not get filed. However, there are actually 2 laws. One is a blood alcohol of .08 or higher and the other is driving under the influence which can be charged regardless of his blood... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Criminal Law for California on

Q: Pulled over for public drinking!?

5 of us have been drinking vodka out of the bottle in the car at a neighborhood.

3 of us had ids and 2 didn't.

They asked us our names and birthdays and if we were on probation. Two of us were on probation. The cops left without giving us any ticket or arrest. Should we be worried... Read more »

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 25, 2018

Good afternoon. For the two that are on probation, if it is formal probation with a probation officer one of the terms is that you report police contact. If it were to come up later and you had not reported it, then it could be a problem. If it is informal probation there is no need to do anything.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Car Accidents for California on

Q: Can I be locked up for a bench warrant over 2years I didn't was issued

My job did a back ground check and there giving me some time to take care of it

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 25, 2018

Good afternoon. It will depend a lot on what the warrant is for. This is a case where I would strongly recommend talking to an attorney who may be able to try and recall the warrant without you present or can help prep you for what to do when going in and have everything prepared to try and keep... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Texas on

Q: is there a way around the medical liability if you co-sponsor some ones wife to come to America

it is a friend of mine he is a US citizen he went to Vietnam and got married he has filed paper work and has been approved but he will need to have a co-sponsor sign because of his income. I worry if she gets sick or has a baby, is there a way for us to not be held accountable

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 21, 2018

Your responsibility as a sponsor lasts until the immigrant becomes a U.S. citizen or has earned 40 work quarters credited toward Social Security (which is about 10 years), dies, or permanently leaves the United States. If something happens before then the government or immigrant can take you to... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for California on

Q: Hello. I am asking this question on behalf of my cousin who is currently incarcerated. He is asking that I obtain

a copy of the cases in which he was charged and convicted of. His name was not mentioned in the 'BODY' of the indictments. The cases are as follows: (G.S #14-27 2a2), (G.S #14-39), (G.S #14-32a) and (G.S #87). How do I obtain copies of these cases? Please advise.

Thank you.

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 21, 2018

I would say contact his attorney or attorneys if they weren't all the same. Otherwise, you may be able to hire an attorney to do an "investigation" which is basically to go to the courts and get the copies for you.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for California on

Q: My questions related with regard of Visa to us and asylums

I applied for asylum two months ago and due to emergency situation with family and my case I been forced to leave us and didn't have a chance to come first interview. My questions:

1. Can I get Visa to usa at this case

2. Will I be able to reinstate my application

3. If I... Read more »

Amber Hardy answered on Sep 25, 2018

I would need to get a little more information but if you had to leave and go back to the country you are claiming asylum from that could be a problem and you need to talk to an attorney to figure out the best way to handle it. That being said it would not be impossible. Also, if your interview had... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.