Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Ronnie Kashri
1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for California on
Q: Are you resp. to pay for auto reprs for cars in front of you in a rear end coll if you were not the car that caused the

I was rear ended about 2 years ago. I was then pushed into the car in front of me and they were pushed into the car in front of them. I did not have a drivers license at the time. I was told I am responsible to pay for the damage to the 2 cars in front of me. Shouldn't the person in back, who... Read more »

Ronnie Kashri
Ronnie Kashri answered on Aug 20, 2021

Generally, the negligent person that caused the accident should be responsible to pay for the damages/injuries. However, it depends on the detailed facts of each case, which is not present here.

If you are taken to court and are somehow found to be negligent, even partially, then you would...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for California on
Q: What should the appellant have done instead of going after Enterprise? Target Mr. Sanchez instead? If yes, I need help!!

I had this same situation happen to me where the rental car was stolen and on May 15th my vehicle was stuck by an unauthorized driver. Now my vehicle is totaled and I’m stuck with the bill.

Ronnie Kashri
Ronnie Kashri answered on Aug 5, 2021

If there is a police report or if you have any insurance information on the other driver, I would consider making a claim with that insurance company. Otherwise, If you have car insurance, you can make a claim with them and depending on the circumstances and coverage available, they may cover the... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for California on
Q: If I a the lien holder on car I am selling to my granddaughter, can I still be or liable if she got in a wreck

I currently live in CA. I just want to make sure she doesn't sell it. shes young and sometimes impulsive

Ronnie Kashri
Ronnie Kashri answered on Jul 31, 2021

If you are the owner you could still be liable.

Under California Vehicle Code section 17150, an owner may be liable for the negligent or wrongful act or omission of the driver by using the vehicle with permission, express or implied.

Pursuant to California Vehicle Code section...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.