Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Patricia Warnock
2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Nevada on
Q: What is the maximum penalty by Nevada law forNRS 848D 230
Patricia Warnock
Patricia Warnock answered on Nov 20, 2019

Thar is an invalid NRS code. Additionally, fines vary by jurisdiction

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Nevada on
Q: If was convicted of possession of small amount of cocaine 28 years ago, does this immediately disqualify me from
Patricia Warnock
Patricia Warnock answered on Aug 27, 2019

Your question was cut off and is unanswerable as is

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Nevada on
Q: My name is Donnie Holt on 2/22/19 i was issued 2 citations one for use/poss drug para and one for false stmt/obst pub

I had court on 4/1/19 but failed to show up upon trying to contact the courts to get back on calender it appears that both cases were dismissed n i believe it has to do with NRS171.1773 how can i find out for sure i have a good job i dont want to lose because of a surpise visit to jail

Patricia Warnock
Patricia Warnock answered on Jul 30, 2019

Most jurisdictions in Nevada have websites where you can look up case information. Determine where your violation occurred to figure out which court you should be checking into and review their online system. If you cannot find the information there, you can always call the specific court.

3 Answers | Asked in Business Law and Tax Law for Nevada on
Q: Hi, Im going to form an LLC but have some questions about starting up without a lot of capital and taxation questions.

So I am the owner of a music group and naturally we don't have a large amount of capital to start a huge company but I was wondering how it works with taxes once you form an LLC and pay for things for your company with personal money before a lot of profit starts coming in is it tax... Read more »

Patricia Warnock
Patricia Warnock answered on Jul 27, 2019

Speaking with a tax planner is your best bet. He/She can help you decide what entity type is best for you and how to structure your entity to work in your best taxable interests. Business licenses vary from state to state and even county to county or town to town. You should speak with an... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Nevada on
Q: If I had a drug Felony in 1993 from a different state can I work in a dispensary
Patricia Warnock
Patricia Warnock answered on Jul 26, 2019

To work in a marijuana establishment in Nevada, you must obtain an agent card. You should review the requirements for obtaining an agent card to see if you qualify as there are several requirements, including references to previous drug convictions. The application is on the Nevada Department of... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.