Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Richard Gaudet
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Real Estate Law for Massachusetts on
Q: How do I have my Ex husband removed from the deed of our home? The divorce from 2017 states the house is to be mine.

I had a quit claim deed written up last year but he refuses to sign it. Used the law office of Donahue, Rauscher and McGrail to have this done. We didn't use legal aid when we got our divorce. I am in the process of having my loan modified and would like it in my name only as I am the owner... Read more »

Richard Gaudet
Richard Gaudet answered on May 7, 2021

First, it is important to realize that removing a name from a deed is not a simply matter because that person has a legal right to the property, at least until proven otherwise. There are a number of ways that this issue could play out, and if I understood your posting correctly, you did not... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Massachusetts on
Q: I am looking to buy a house but, I am leasing an apartment in Andover,MA. Am I allowed to break a lease without penalty?

Am I allowed to break the lease to my apartment if I find my dream house while while my lease is yet to reach the date of termination and not have the landlord charge me rent for the remainder of my lease?

Richard Gaudet
Richard Gaudet answered on Apr 9, 2021

Typically no. The terms of a lease, if the terms follow Mass law will likely hold, and a breach of those terms will likely result in the breaching side owing any penalties due under the lease. On the other hand, if the landlord is not providing habitable conditions, or violating Mass law relative... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law, Contracts and Employment Law for Massachusetts on
Q: Could an associate of a law firm like Latham & Watkins provide legal services outside of their law firm?

For instance, say I need legal help with a start-up I'm trying to launch. I reach out to an attorney who works for a law firm who who says he's offering pro-bono legal services. I develop a relationship with this attorney and we agree on a deal that says he will take equity in my company... Read more »

Richard Gaudet
Richard Gaudet answered on Mar 26, 2021

The answer depends upon the relationship that this attorney has with the law firm. It is possible that this attorney has some type of non-compete clause, or some other provision in a contract with the employer preventing the lawyer from self-dealing. So much of the answer to your question depends... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Massachusetts on
Q: Desperately looking for experienced pro Bono lawyer for probate case involving a narcissistic parent. Any recommendation

Please send any information you may have to help us. Thank you

Richard Gaudet
Richard Gaudet answered on Mar 26, 2021

The Massachusetts Legal Resource finder, at, is a great resource to guide you.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Massachusetts on
Q: Two different company drivers smashed into my fence, but only one is willing to provide restitution. What should I do?

About 6 months ago, a truck driver (Company A) clipped our fence while making a delivery to us. Months later, another truck driver (Company B) hit our fence as they attempted to deliver fuel to our home. When I made contact with Company A they shared that they would pay for the damages caused by... Read more »

Richard Gaudet
Richard Gaudet answered on Mar 26, 2021

There are many questions that need to be answered before providing a complete answer to your question. Are these truck drivers owner-operators (do they own their own vehicles and companies)? If so, it is possible to pursue these companies for the damages done to your fence. If not, and they are... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Tennessee on
Q: I am currently under Bankruptcy. I have a new bill collector that is not on my list for companies under my bankruptcy

calling me. What can I do or what can I tell them?

Richard Gaudet
Richard Gaudet answered on Mar 26, 2021

Agreed. Contact your attorney to add the creditor. Keep in mind that doing so may come at an additional price as the attorney will need to file an amendment and complete a new list of creditors. However, any associated fee should be relatively minimal.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Massachusetts on
Q: Is there any free lawyers for over 61 for bankruptsy on,Cape Cod
Richard Gaudet
Richard Gaudet answered on Mar 26, 2021 gives you a great place to start research to the answer to this question. You could file pro se (on your own behalf), but this is not recommended if your case is complex.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.