Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Laura E. Kenney
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Florida on
Q: Can you help with a mom keeping her daughter from any contact with her dad even though there is a parenting agreement?

My son lives in Michigan and the last he knew his daughter & her mom live in Tampa. The mom has not allowed any kind of contact with the daughter for over a year. He has requested wellness checks but she isn't at any of the addresses he knew about & has filed for contempt but... Read more »

Laura E. Kenney
Laura E. Kenney answered on Oct 13, 2021

In order to properly serve the Mother, it will be necessary to hire a PI or process server company to do so.

3 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Family Law for Florida on
Q: Do I have to sign over 50% of my business to my soon to be ex husband?

He is trying to force me to sign over half of the business or he will keep our son from me until we go to court.

Laura E. Kenney
Laura E. Kenney answered on Oct 13, 2021

Your husband is not entitled to withhold your child to coerce you to enter into any agreements with regards to your property and assets. I would advise to contact a family attorney as soon as possible so that you can understand all of your rights in the dissolution process. Feel free to contact... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Florida on
Q: My husband cheated on and we have a child. Just looking for advice on how to go about stuff

We have a mortgage, cars, a boat, joint bank account and an 11 month old child.

Laura E. Kenney
Laura E. Kenney answered on Oct 8, 2021

Good question and first let me say I am sorry for what you are going through. Florida is a no fault state when it comes to infidelity and the divorce process but infidelity can become relevant if the unfaithful spouse used marital funds to conduct the affair. Feel free to reach out for a... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Domestic Violence and Family Law for Florida on
Q: I am looking for a divorce lawyer, family law,and domestic abuse for my niece. She lives in Port St. Lucie Florida.

My niece has 3 girls and is married to a man that has been abusing her and the girls for years. She and the girls are finally safe living with her mother in Port St. Lucie Florida! This man has restraining orders against him from his own mother and father, and now sister. I need a lawyer to help... Read more »

Laura E. Kenney
Laura E. Kenney answered on Oct 6, 2021

As a former prosecutor who specialized in domestic violence crimes I am well aware of the complexities facing a woman in your niece's situation. I am glad to hear she has an injunction protecting her and the children. Divorces with family violence must be carefully navigated. Please contact... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Florida on
Q: I'm not the one with the current boyfriend is and he's paying child support and back child suppprt

However she doesn't work eventhough I got her a job twice at my job and is currently living with us without her child... so he is essentially giving her money for a kid she doesn't live with and on top of that she currently resides In our house

Laura E. Kenney
Laura E. Kenney answered on Oct 6, 2021

In order to guide you in the right direction, I would need a little more information about the child and where they are currently living. Child support can be modified through the Courts with a showing of a substantial change in circumstances. Feel free to reach out to me through my profile for... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.