Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Tri Minh Nguyen
1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Securities Law for Texas on
Q: How do I obtain a copy of my public record in Walker County Texas; Doc no. 00025169 vol no 01248 page no. 00354?

I need to refile this in the Texas Secretary of State.... I need Instructions how to transfer this into the UCC Financial Filing Dept.

Tri Minh Nguyen
Tri Minh Nguyen answered on Apr 29, 2020

The recording information looks like it's a real property recording. You can pull the information here:

Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation and Business Law for Texas on
Q: How do I file a SS4- Application for a EIN by Fax/mail?
Tri Minh Nguyen
Tri Minh Nguyen answered on Apr 29, 2020

Hello. You can now file the SS-4 application online. Have you tried this yet? This process allows you to receive an EIN immediately.

Here's the fax info:

Internal Revenue Service

Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation for Texas on
Q: I consulted (without a K) for a tech company that's struggling. They owed me money so I quit. Can I compete w/ them?

I found a tech solution to their problems. The CEO was impressed but the Board rejected my concept. CEO later told me they didn't 'get it.' He was very angry. After I quit, the Board fired all but two guys: an engineer and the CEO The company is failing but still exists on paper.... Read more »

Tri Minh Nguyen
Tri Minh Nguyen answered on Apr 14, 2020

Hello. Generally, non-competes should be in writing because they should express a time limit for the non-compete and what the scope of the non-compete should be. If you signed a document that includes a non-compete clause or a non-compete language, then you'd want to analyze that language... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation for Texas on
Q: Can a managing member of a LLC be removed with out their authorization?

This is filed with the Secretary of State in Texas

Tri Minh Nguyen
Tri Minh Nguyen answered on Apr 13, 2020

Hello. Good question. When an LLC is formed, there should have been an LLC company agreement or operating agreement. This agreement usually sets out when and/or how a managing member (if a member-managed LLC) or manager (if a manager-managed LLC) can be removed. Have you checked the agreement?... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law, Civil Litigation and Contracts for Nevada on
Q: Can my business partner change ownership percentage without my knowledge?

I have K1s stating my percentage ownership. Is K1s good enough to establish percentage of ownership?

Tri Minh Nguyen
Tri Minh Nguyen answered on Apr 13, 2020

Good question. Usually, a business partner can't change your ownership percentage in a partnership or company without your permission or unless you have given the partner some sort of right to do so. There are tax implications associated with that change (especially if you are in a... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.