Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq.
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas on
Q: I informed my child’s mother that I was going to take her to court for 7 and 7 joint custody and she blocked my number

She also blocked me on all social media. I can’t contact her, or my child. She had also moved to a new house within a week of me telling her this, and I don’t know what the address is. How can I find it for her to be served with the papers?

Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq.
Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq. answered on Sep 15, 2019

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The first question I have is how old is you child? If he/she is old enough to go to school, you can likely have her served at school during pickup and drop off. If child is not in school, you may want to consider employing a private... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for California on
Q: Ex ordered to pay half our son’s unreimbursed medical expenses. He took off; no idea whereabouts. Next step?

He pays monthly child support; deducted from paycheck. I found him on Facebook and sent him copy of son’s hospital bill; been 35 days and zero response. Is he in Contempt of Court? What are my next steps? Thank you!

Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq.
Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq. answered on Sep 14, 2019

If the insurance is State funded, you can contact the Attorney General to enforce the Court Order. Otherwise, you need to hire a lawyer to file a Motion to Enforce the Child Support Order. He can be served out of State with the Motion to Enforce. Eventually, the Court could hold him in contempt.... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas on
Q: I'm trying to get full custody of my kids. father has been m.i.a for two weeks. how can i get a court date.

i've tried a few years ago for full custody. ended settling for joint. their father hasn't followed threw with any of his responsabilies since our last court date.

Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq.
Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq. answered on Sep 13, 2019

Your best option is to hire an attorney. You need to file a suit affecting the parent child relationship (SAPCR) and have father served. If you cannot locate him there are other methods for getting him served. As far as "full custody", Texas really does not have such a thing. There is... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Texas on
Q: Need legal advise for family law pertaining to alimony and spousal maintenance
Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq.
Johnathan Tracy Ball Esq. answered on Sep 15, 2019

There is a difference between alimony and spousal support. A Texas Court cannot Order alimony. It can Order spousal support. However, the parties can agree to what is called contractual alimony. If they agree to contractual alimony, then it can be put in the divorce decree and enforced as a court... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.