Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Robert C. Slim
4 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Texas on
Q: My parents were in a car accident about four months ago with an 18 wheeler can my parents sue? 18 Wheeler’s fault

Their police report came back saying that that it was the 18 wheeler’s fault my parents vehicle is now totaled I’m now putting them in a financial burden

Robert C. Slim
Robert C. Slim answered on Sep 12, 2019

If your parents were injured in the accident, then they need to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to discuss their claims. If there were no injuries and only vehicle damages, then they have two options:

1. If the truck’s insurance has accepted liability, then they should...
Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Texas on
Q: Person is assaulted at bar, attacker gets away, can victim press charges against bar for injuries?
Robert C. Slim
Robert C. Slim answered on Sep 15, 2013

Your friend ca sue the bar for personal injury if you can prove that the bar management was negligent. This can be proved by showing the the bar management or staff failed to provide proper security or that the attacker was continuously served alcohol after he became obviously intoxicated.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Texas on
Q: Can i void a settlement that i have signed, how much time do i have and how do i do it, auto injury case
Robert C. Slim
Robert C. Slim answered on Mar 19, 2013

Whether you can avoid a settlement in personal injury cases really depends upon the circumstances of the settlement as well as the particular wording of the agreement. But unless there was fraud or duress, the settlement agreement will probably be upheld.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Texas on
Q: What happens in an auto fatality if defendant has no assets?
Robert C. Slim
Robert C. Slim answered on Mar 19, 2013

If the defendant has no assets, then you may be limited solely to the funds payable by the defendant's insurance policy. You may also make a claim under the vehicle's and/or the deceased's insurance policy if it provided for uninsured motorist coverage. As a Dallas personal injury lawyer, car... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.