Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mark Martin Turner
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Consumer Law for Ohio on
Q: Can a car dealership come back and ask you for a co-signer once they have approved you for a loan, you have signed.

A car loan was approved by the dealership, all documents signed and the vehicle given to me. Now they called and want a co-signer. Is this legal? Do i have to give a co-signer after approval has been given?

Mark Martin Turner
Mark Martin Turner answered on Feb 17, 2017

Maybe. If the dealer required you to sign a spot loan agreement they may be able to do that. Such an agreement in essence states that you can have the car but your loan is under consideration and not yet approved. If you did not have such an agreement, or if you have documentation that the loan... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts for Ohio on
Q: Can a private music teacher force one to continue paying for lessons if one decides to discontinue the lessons?

My son was encouraged to take these lessons. They take place during the day at school and are given by a grad student not employed by the district. We signed a paper stating we would contine the lessons until May, but we are not pleased with the lessons and wish to find our own instructor. The... Read more »

Mark Martin Turner
Mark Martin Turner answered on Feb 17, 2017

As with all contract questions, the answer to this depends on what is written on the contract. If the contract states that you must pay for 10 lessons and the student quits after 5, you will most likely be responsible to pay for the remaining 5 unless the contract itself has a clause that permits... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Contracts and Mergers & Acquisitions for Ohio on
Q: Transferring ownership of single member LLC from father to son in Ohio, what needs to be done for this to happen?

Family business been around since 1998, became a single member LLC in Ohio in 2013 (though a disregarded entity/sole proprietorship to the federal government). We're looking to transfer ownership from fathers name to sons. Outside of getting account (banking, insurance, etc) setup in new... Read more »

Mark Martin Turner
Mark Martin Turner answered on Feb 20, 2017

In addition to the previous answer, you should also review all of the LLC's contracts, leases, loans and other agreements to see if you have any personal guarantees that need to be transferred. In addition, make sure you contact your insurance agent. There may be some need for you as the... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.