Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Timothy E. Howie
2 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Personal Injury for Maryland on
Q: What should I do if my dog who is not considered as a dangerous dog got to bite someone
Timothy E. Howie
Timothy E. Howie answered on Apr 2, 2021

You should immediately report the incident to your homeowners insurance company.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Maryland on
Q: I want to get visitation right to see my nephew the grandmother have temporarily custody and she won't let me see her.

How do I go about getting visitation rights to see him

Timothy E. Howie
Timothy E. Howie answered on Mar 30, 2021

Your issue is a complicated issue because it involves visitation/custody by two third-party persons who are not biological parents. For your question to be properly answered, you will need to meet with a family law attorney who will interview you at length to become aware of all of the facts of... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Maryland on
Q: If granted sole physical and legal custody, what rights do I have? If the order has Contradictions.

I have a PL order that grants me sole legal and residential custody but the custodial time given to my spouse is very liberal. It also contradicts the fact that I am the one with sole legal custody. The order states that our daughter will participate in extracurricular activities and gives him the... Read more »

Timothy E. Howie
Timothy E. Howie answered on Mar 1, 2021

A pendente lite order is a temporary order that, generally, remains in effect until the actual trial. I suspect that you have an actual trial scheduled for June. If you feel that there is a sufficient reason for the court to reconsider the issue of custody after the pendente lite order but before... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Maryland on
Q: If I strike my answer to will they continue with mediation? That’s what I really need to should I proceed.

If I ask them to dismiss my answer will they continue with a hearing or I should just go with it. We are still living together and have a sexual relationship. I would want the court to dismiss his complaint of Adultery.

Timothy E. Howie
Timothy E. Howie answered on Feb 23, 2021

This question appears to be a follow up to a question earlier today. I really cannot answer your question without knowing the facts of your case. You should confer with a lawyer who can assess all of the facts of your case.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Maryland on
Q: My husband filed for a divorce stating adultery. I was never served but learned of the divorce. So I filed and answer.

Can I withdrawal my answer and wait to be served or is it too late. I want to wait into I’m served to go forwArd what can I do?

Timothy E. Howie
Timothy E. Howie answered on Feb 23, 2021

Generally, when you file an answer even though you have not been served, you thereby subject yourself to the personal jurisdiction of the court, and the other party need not serve you. But, depending upon the circumstances, you may be able to ask the court to strike your answer.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Maryland on
Q: What Maryland visitation laws are in place for custodial parents when non custodial parent moves out of country for mil?

Non custodial parent is active duty and has 3 year orders to Japan.

Timothy E. Howie
Timothy E. Howie answered on Feb 9, 2021

That simple question calls for a very broad answer, because how Maryland family law will apply to your particular situation may depend on whether there is a marital settlement agreement, whether any such MSA has been incorporated into a court order, whether the non-custodial parent intends to take... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Maryland on
Q: My ex-husband & I divorced in 2015. He hasn't fulfilled orders outlined in the decree. Is there a statute of limitation?

He was ordered to sign a car over to me (title has both our names on it) and pay half the total of expenses I paid. I was ordered to refinance car to take him off title but couldn't due to age of car and credit. Contacted him in late 2015 and he refused to pay until I could have him sign off... Read more »

Timothy E. Howie
Timothy E. Howie answered on Feb 7, 2021

If your husband has failed to comply with an order of court, you may file with the court a petition for contempt, asking the court to hold him in contempt if he does not comply with the order.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Maryland on
Q: Mom keeping daughter away from dad, never married, no order for support or visitation set up

My ex hasn't allowed me to see my daughter in over a month now. We don't have a court order custody agreement and haven't lived together in over a year. When I message her asking when i can see my daughter she doesn't respond and recently stated that she (my ex) doesn't... Read more »

Timothy E. Howie
Timothy E. Howie answered on Jan 17, 2021

You can file a lawsuit and ask the court to award you legal custody and physical custody of the child.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.