Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Carolyn Moller Duncan

2 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Colorado on

Q: Will my last support payment be prorated? Will the court notify me what my last payment will be?

My son turns 19 on 9/05/19, I assume that I won't make a full months payment for the last one. Is that true?

Carolyn Moller Duncan answered on Jun 9, 2017

The court is not going to notify you of the amount of your last payment. You need to be proactive and communicate with the child's mother that you intend to pro rate the amount so there are no surprises. If there is an income assignment, you need to be proactive with that as well so your employer... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Colorado on

Q: Does the court automatically discharge support once a child turns 19? Or is there something that I have to do?

Carolyn Moller Duncan answered on Jun 9, 2017

Good morning,

That depends on how many children you are paying support. If you have only one child, then it automatically terminates upon reaching age 19 unless it meets limited exceptions to go beyond that age.

If you are paying support for more than one child, then it does not...
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Missouri on

Q: I need help finding a lawyer in the state of MO who can help with my fathers probate estate, litagation,I am low income

on disability, live in CO, I do not understand the laws and process,I need a lawyer who will work with me on a low income scale or part of settlement,There is a lot of foul play happening with 3 other younger siblings, and I was told we had a trust set up in our names, when I called for... Read more »

Carolyn Moller Duncan answered on May 16, 2017

I am sorry for your loss. Most likely you will be unable to find a attorney in Colorado that can handle your issues in Missouri. I suggest that you go online to the Missouri Bar Association website. Typically there will be a section to help people "Find A Lawyer" which allows you to enter... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Colorado on

Q: If my child will be 19 on July 5th and he took a year off from college but plans on attending before child support end

Does my ex still owe child support until he's done with school or 21 whichever comes first?

Carolyn Moller Duncan answered on May 12, 2017

Under Colorado law, child support terminates upon a child reaching the age of 19 unless they fall within certain exceptions which are (1) parties agreed otherwise in writing, (2) the child is mentally or physically disable, (3) the child is still in high school at the time he turns 19, then it... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.