Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by David Nelson Jolly
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Washington on
Q: i am being harassed by a police officer and now being threatened with jail. how do i fight this

i am scared of this officer as his tactics and behavior are uneasy. now because i consulted an attorney he is trying to arrest me.

David Nelson Jolly
David Nelson Jolly answered on Aug 26, 2014

I am sorry that this is happening to you. I have two strong responses to your issue. The first is, do not say anything to the officer and do not respond in any way. The second, contact a local criminal defense attorney to discuss the matter. Lawyers can certainly help you in court but they can... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for California on
Q: If it been 18 years since my license got suspended for dui in 1996 what do i need to get it back?

For fourth dui

David Nelson Jolly
David Nelson Jolly answered on Aug 26, 2014

It is entirely possible that reinstating your license will not be a terribly difficult proposition so long as you have completed everything that was required of you. However, if you failed to pay fines, complete an alcohol evaluation or class, or have been convicted of similar driving offenses... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for North Dakota on
Q: Didn't complete DUI program in Cali. Moved to North Dakota was issued new DL. DUI was in 08. Will there be any problems

Won't be moving back. Only did 15 months of a 18 month program. I explained everything to North Dakota an they said I would be giving that they only go back 3yrs. Just got a letter from Cali. Saying my dl from there would be suspended but I surrendered that one before I got my new one.

David Nelson Jolly
David Nelson Jolly answered on Aug 26, 2014

Your DUI charge and possible conviction obviously ended with the requirement of you completing a recommended course of alcohol treatment. The Court typically monitors such treatment and if not completed can impose further sanctions, such as jail. The DMV/DOL has similar powers and if treatment is... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Massachusetts on
Q: I have twu DWI's but haven't had a license in ten years, can I get my license back without getting a breathalyzer instal
David Nelson Jolly
David Nelson Jolly answered on Aug 26, 2014

Getting your license back depends on a number of factors that I am not aware of at this point in time. The thing to do is confirm with your local DMV/DOL why your license is suspended or, alternatively, what is needed to reinstate your privilege to drive. Many States will require you to install... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oregon on
Q: I had a DUII in 1998 and another one in 1999 another in 2009. My license is now revoked. Can I ever get it back?
David Nelson Jolly
David Nelson Jolly answered on Aug 26, 2014

Multiple DUI offenses and other traffic violations may result in suspending your license indefinitely. In such instances the driver is considered an habitual traffic offender and the suspension of a driver license can be horrendously long. There is no easy way out of such a situation. It is... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.