Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Janet Sanders
1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri on
Q: If you missed a court date can you still contest your speeding ticket?
Janet Sanders
Janet Sanders answered on Apr 25, 2018

Yes. You must surrender, post bond and then you will receive a court date. You should contact the Court to determine the amount of the bond so you will have sufficient funds available before you appear at court or the police department.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Missouri on
Q: Is there a specific form for this and anything else I should include?

I am Pro Se but not by choice. I am going to file an ex parte Show Cause to ask the courts to order my husband to pay for a retainer fee for a lawyer for me to even out the fairness a bit more because they are taking extreme advantage of me. I meet more than enough stipulations and he makes close... Read more »

Janet Sanders
Janet Sanders answered on Apr 25, 2018

A Show Cause Order is granted upon a Motion for Contempt which must be personally served on the other party. You should file a Motion for a Temporary Order pursuant to 452.315 RSMo. 2016 and request child support, maintenance as well as attorney's fees and costs to be incurred. You should also... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Missouri on
Q: Can my daughter’s dad terminate child support for only one semester of bad grades in college?

My daughter is in her second semester of college. She only passed one class first semester but is now passing all classes this semester. Her father is seeking to terminate child support. If he can terminate after only one semester then can I take him back to court after this semester if she passes... Read more »

Janet Sanders
Janet Sanders answered on Apr 25, 2018

Absent special circumstances, the answers to your questions are Yes and No. Please see 452.340 RSMo 2016.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Divorce, Family Law and Tax Law for Missouri on
Q: If the receiving parent refuses to work (legally) & doesn't file taxes, what can the paying parent do ?

My husband makes good money, but his ex wife refuses to hold down a real job. She hasn't filed her taxes either, claiming "She doesn't work". This of course throws the income levels off balance and she is fighting for more child support. One child has aged out and it is time to modify the support,... Read more »

Janet Sanders
Janet Sanders answered on Apr 25, 2018

Father may introduce proof the Mother is employed. He may also request the Court impute an income to her based upon her earning capacity. This is not the amount she earns; it is the amount she could earn if she did work. This determination takes into consideration her education, licenses,... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.