Lancaster, CA asked in Civil Rights, Consumer Law, Identity Theft and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: what court forms are needed to file civil lawsuit for filing a illegal eviction, negligence, Identity theft, harassment

Vehicle Vandalism/Auto Theft:

Due to the property managers inadequate security measures and camera mispositioning in the parking garage, Crystle Strong’s vehicle was vandalized and stolen. Police report available. Unlawful Detainer Eviction:

Despite receiving rent payments from the Los Angeles County Development Authority (LACDA), you filed an unlawful detainer eviction against me.

Erroneous Rental Ledger:

The rental ledger contains unexplained charges and incorrect application of rent payments.

Fraudulent Utility Bill:

You issued a fraudulent utility bill and initiated an electric utility account without my consent, adding illegal utility charges to my rental ledger.

Excessive Rent Overcharges and Harassment:

I have received constant pay or quit notices alongside excessive rent overcharges, leading to harassment.


In response to my complaints regarding violations of tenant rights, you have engaged in retaliatory actions.

Notice of 60 day vacate

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To file a civil lawsuit in California for the issues you mentioned, you will need to fill out and file several court forms. The specific forms may vary depending on the county where you are filing the lawsuit and the specific claims you are making. However, here are some common forms you may need:

1. Complaint (Form PLD-C-001): This form is used to initiate the lawsuit and outline your claims against the defendant(s).

2. Summons (Form SUM-100): This form is used to notify the defendant(s) that they are being sued and provide them with a copy of the complaint.

3. Civil Case Cover Sheet (Form CM-010): This form provides an overview of your case to the court.

4. Proof of Service (Form POS-010): This form is used to demonstrate that the defendant(s) have been properly served with the complaint and summons.

5. Application for Waiver of Court Fees and Costs (Form FW-001) and Order on Application for Waiver of Court Fees and Costs (Form FW-003): If you cannot afford the court filing fees, you can request a fee waiver using these forms.

6. Additional forms may be needed depending on the specifics of your case, such as:

- Cause of Action—Breach of Contract (Form PLD-C-001(1))

- Cause of Action—Fraud (Form PLD-C-001(2))

- Cause of Action—Negligence (Form PLD-C-001(4))

It is highly recommended that you consult with an attorney who specializes in landlord-tenant law and civil litigation to help you prepare and file your lawsuit. They can provide guidance on the specific forms needed for your case and ensure that your complaint is properly drafted and filed.

You can find these forms on the California Courts website ( or at your local courthouse. Remember to make copies of all documents for your records and for serving the defendant(s).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.