Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Indiana Criminal Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: What are the qualifications to getting a felony expungement?

The charge is possession, but I also have a few misdemeanors. I don’t know if that has any relevance as far as getting my felony expunged? The date of my possession charge was around 2017.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: is it unconstituional to charge a person as a habital crimanil in the united states or indiana

say if your charged with possesion of a fire arm by a dangous convicted felon and there using a domestic battery that i got charged with incan they do this by law 2016

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: Charges were filed 2 F6 & MA in IN issued warrant filed to vacate warrant denied. initial hearing set what happens now?

Why was it denied? Never been in trouble before. Are they goin to put me in jail? I hired lawyer but I just don't know I mean i don't understand why they wouldn't vacate warrant they still set the initial hearing but that's in 5 days. I haven't been able to work I'm... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: Indiana criminal codes 35-48-4-11(1) and 35-48-8.3(a)(1). Definition of synthetic cannabinoid vs synthetic drug other is

Charged by plea 2013 for a possession charge of paraphanalia and possession of synthetic. Believe courts federal have held the laws in effect for 2012 were that which person of common intelligence could not comprehend. I was sentenced to 365 days drug probation 14 served rest served on probation.i... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Family Law and Internet Law for Indiana on
Q: In Indiana what happens if an adult female sexts a 16 yr old male

Female 39 yrs old sexts 16 yrs old male. They then turn 40 and 17. They sext over Snapchat and it is mutually consensual. What can happen to the adult female?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: Who can I hire to take my husband case
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: My son is currently in prison at Indiana Department of Corrections was arrested in a sting op

Level 4 child solicitation through a sting operation sentenced to 6 years how much will he have to serve

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: I went to file a Petition for Expungement of record and found out i still owe $1,688 on old court fees do i have to pay?

Is there a way i can ask the courts to waive those fees because i am currently indigent?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Indiana on
Q: Hello i filed a Petition to Expunge my criminial record and i forgot to include my misdeamonor convictions can i add it?

The prosector objected to my petiton on grounds of me not including my misdemeanor conviction, for i only did my felony convictions, is there a way i can refile or include my misdemeanor charges/conviction case numbers before the courts move forward? If so how is this possible?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Indiana on
Q: Can the state charge the father with charge criminal confinement after altercation with his 14 year old daughter ?

The daughter suffered a burst bottom lip with altercation with father . The daughter stated she couldn't get around the father for 25 seconds cause the father was in front of her .

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: Looking to get my records expunged but I know little to no information, I don't no how to go about it (Indiana)

Looking to get more info like what paperwork I should file if I need a lawyer or not to do this money court cost expectations

Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett
answered on Sep 12, 2022

You can look on and see if there are forms. However, it may be wiser to consult with a criminal defense attorney since expunging convictions can get complicated depending on the number of cases as well as depending on the level of the offense there are likely different timelines and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Indiana on
Q: What forn do I need to fill out in response to civil forfeiture that follows the Indiana Rules of Civil Procedure?

Just looking for the appropriate form to fill out. I have 16 days remaining as I was given 20 days to reply.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: What can be done to get my Hus and home?

2014 Burglary Charge in Indiana, did prison time put on Parole. Set to be off January 2022. Pulled over last week had a warrant for unpaid 2002 probation fees, allegedly had narcotic on him and charged with possession. While in jail had accident they sent to hospital, learned he has aggressive... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: I was urine tested today on house arrest in Indiana and I'm pretty sure it will come back as a positive what will happen

This is my first ever failed screen I'm on house arrest until December 5th

Greg Spencer
Greg Spencer
answered on Sep 7, 2022

If this is your very first write up, it may be possible to have an administrative hearing. It depends on the county, and if it is your first dirty drop or not.

It is also possible community corrections file a violation with the court.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: I was sentenced to 30 months community corrections dec , 2020. I was transferred to probation in feb 2022. I ask my prob

Probation officer could I get off early he said no because of my sentence. 30 months community corrections that I

Got petition courts. My first time I met with him was zoom appointment in feb I ask him if I had to keep my phone active since sentence 30 months and transferred to probation... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: What if you are forced to drive stolen vehicle

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.