Ask a Question

Get free answers to your International Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Kansas International Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, International Law and Immigration Law for Kansas on
Q: Hi, as as international student are we allowed to do self employments? Like digital marketing, monetizing social media??
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 2, 2024

As an international student in the United States on an F-1 visa, there are restrictions on the types of work you can do. In general, you are not allowed to engage in off-campus self-employment like digital marketing or monetizing social media. However, there are a few exceptions:

View More

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for Kansas on
Q: Hi, I am an international student. I have some questions: 1. Am I allowed to invest in stocks (not full-time ofc)?

I have wanted to invest in stocks but am hesitant since I am on F1 status. How will I be able to do it if I am allowed to?

2. Also, When can I start filing for citizenship? what are the requirements?

Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
answered on Mar 3, 2024

You ought to also consult with your DSO before you make any decision. They also decide whether you violate the terms of your F1. Nevertheless, active self-employment may include researching companies that issue stock for your own personal financial gain.

That means that any remuneration...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and International Law for Kansas on
Q: I married a British woman while she was living in the US. We got pregnant and decided to have the child in England since

It was free. Since then we have split. While visiting she refused to allow my child to go to the embassy to get a USA social security number. She refuses to come back to the US for a divorce because she doesn’t want to go through a custody hearing. What can I do to get joint custody and get... View More

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Feb 10, 2022

You can probably sue her in the U. K.

Filing suit here would require you to have personal service of process on the spouse, which is not impossible, but tricky.

BTW, the child probably is a dual citizen, and that is a prileged status. He should not only a British but also an...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.