Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Kansas on
Q: Can an terminally ill parolee get their parole dropped if the court is provided proof of their illness and time left

My father has terminal cancer and likely only has less than 6 months to live. His parole would extend past six months and I want to know if he can get off parole and enjoy what little time he has left if we were to provide documentation of his illness/time left to live to the courts.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Kansas on
Q: Can a rental agency charge more for a deposit than what their website states for an apartment

The paper they provided us says $500 for pet deposit and fees, the website says $600, and finally they are trying to charge $700

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Business Formation and Business Law for Kansas on
Q: I helped a guy I was dating start & run a restaurant for three years. He broke up with me & never paid me. Illegal?

I was never allowed to be on payroll, told I was a 50% owner but never saw paperwork for that either. He said owners would get paid when we made a profit.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Kansas on
Q: Is it illegal to post an audio recording online that was taken in Kansas & I was one of the parties in the conversation

I have conversations that I recorded within the state of Kansas that prove abuse of myself, can I legally post them online ??

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Kansas on
Q: What would be a reasonable and customary Attorney Fee for an Estate valued @$800,000.00; all cash assets?

The Trustee(s) will gather the Assets, which were mainly, at the time of death, in Cash, and Bank Certificates of Deposit, so little “legwork” has to be done by an Attorney. We’re looking for just an estimate of fees

0 Answers | Asked in Legal Malpractice and Medical Malpractice for Kansas on
Q: If my doctor lies and says I have a disease I don't have just so he can book more appointments is it medical malpractice

My obgyn lied about me having a chronic disease while pregnant and sent me to 3 specialist every 4 weeks, sonograms at my obgyn office 2 times weekly for the remainder of my 3 months. The most expensive tests he could come up with. Induced me early made my new born get tests and shots. All for no... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law for Kansas on
Q: Is it be possible to get the O/T & 2x pay promised by the employer for hours worked?

I was promised that I’d be paid in vetting for working the Monday after Christmas and doubletime if I work the Monday after the New Year’s holiday. They were careful to stress the only way I could receive that double time pay the Monday after New Year’s, is if I work the preceding Monday... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Kansas on
Q: I bought a motorcycle from Indiana and I got the title but no the bill of sale which is needed for registration

I need help on how to obtain the bill of sale for my new motorcycle since the bill of sale didn't come with the bike

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Kansas on
Q: i have recently quit job in search of new opportunities, the company is charging me 206 dollars for missing clothes.

that seems pretty high for a few uniforms I was wondering what my next steps should be.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Kansas on
Q: I was served (as an heir) to a quiet title suit. I have no interest in the property. What are my next steps?

The reason I was summoned is because I am an heir to the property owners. A loan was taken out on a piece of land in Missouri by my parents in 2008. My father has since passed away and my mother is the responsible party and she has defaulted on the loan. I want nothing to do with the property but I... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Mar 23, 2023

Before you make an irreversible mistake, hire a competent KS attorney to search the title. The secured loan may be the decisive factor, but at least look into what you own and then decide whether to convey it away for nothing.

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Kansas on
Q: I've been served papers for a car wreck from 2017 and looking to get support for video court

It says it's a default case and I do not remember being served the papers in 2019

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Kansas on
Q: What options do I have if I'm owed a refund from an Agency in the US, but I'm neither a resident nor being in the US?

I'm looking for some advice on a legal matter I'm facing. I hired a US-based agency (Kansas, Missouri). Unfortunately, they did not deliver as promised, so we agreed on a 50% refund. However, it's been over five weeks, and despite signing a refund and non-disparagement agreement,... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Education Law, Family Law, Adoption and Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: Can I still graduate high school if I leave home at 17 years old in the state of Missouri?

I am adopted as well, since 4 years old.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Kansas on
Q: Why don't I get a property deed to the property I inherited?

My brother passed w/o a will. I hired an attorney to get me thru probate ect. Now that everything is final and I was determined the sole heir, I want a deed in my name and they said no, the decree of descent is all I get

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Mar 17, 2023

Whoever determined you were the sole heir might execute an Affidavit of Heirship. Record this as your source of title.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.