Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota Agricultural Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits, Agricultural Law and Land Use & Zoning for Minnesota on
Q: Can county government take over township powers without having due process? Isn't a public hearing required?

This was done during the pandemic. But commissioners shouldn't be able to weasel it in under the radar just because of a " pandemic".

Robert Kane
Robert Kane
answered on Apr 10, 2024

Cities do not have constitutional rights (e.g the right to due process.) If you live in Maple Lake, the Wright-Hennepin Co-op Electric Association is governing authority. I don't know what transpired, but the city and association should have allowed for public input and provided transparency.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Tax Law, Agricultural Law and Estate Planning for Minnesota on
Q: I'm a Minnesota resident. MN has a $3,000,000.00 estate tax exemptionCan I put Iowa farmland in a trust to get below

the exemption? The farms have been, and still are family farms now operated by my son. What kind of a trust would it have to be? Thank you

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 11, 2024

As a Minnesota resident, you can use trusts to help manage your estate and potentially reduce your estate tax liability. However, the specific type of trust and its effectiveness in reducing estate taxes will depend on various factors, such as the value of your estate, the nature of your assets,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law and Animal / Dog Law for Minnesota on
Q: Does Delaware use the same definition for dog and cat fur that federal law does?

Hello, I'm not a resident of Delaware, but I was wondering how the state defines "fur" and "hair" in the law banning the sale or trade of dog and cat fur/hair. Federal law defines dog and cat fur as a pelt--any fur or hair with skin attached--and so do other laws for other... View More

William Bailey
William Bailey
answered on Feb 15, 2021

Your question involves Delaware law. You would need to contact attorneys in Delaware for help with this.

2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy and Agricultural Law for Minnesota on
Q: I have filed a chapter 12 and have been working on a plan since February. The bank will not budge on what they want.

The bank wants 3 payments of 54000 with in 13 months of each other. That means I have to use 1 crop year to make 2 of those payments but it's not possible. What can I do about this? I have a lawyer hes been doing this since the 80s. This is what he told me and I'm just getting a second... View More

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Oct 17, 2020

Where's your lawyer?

He is the one who should be doing battle with the bank. Bank's don't cotton to customers, but they are somewhat fearful of good bankruptcy lawyers who will take them to the lick log.

No lawyer?

Find one!

Good Luck


View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.