Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Public Benefits Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Public Benefits and Social Security for Ohio on
Q: I'm on disability. I make money on tiktok, but not enough to get 1099 forms. How do I prove my income to the state?

In order to keep foodstamps and medicaid, I have to prove my income. How do I prove it, since I don't earn enough to get 1099 forms?

0 Answers | Asked in Products Liability, Intellectual Property, Public Benefits and Small Claims for Michigan on
Q: FedEx drop off location Dollar general package was lost can I sue Dollar general

Sold package on eBay shipping out FedEx went to Dollar general at FedEx drop off location registered package left package package has never left and package cannot be found with two FedEx to their claim and they said that they never have received it so they cannot cover it so can I sue Dollar... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Products Liability, Intellectual Property and Public Benefits for Michigan on
Q: Dropped FedEx package off at Dollar general package never left there package lost can I sue Dollar general for my pa

FedEx package I sold item on eBay with shipping out FedEx and what do Dollar general dropped my package off and my package never left there they don't know where it's at or nothing can I sue them for my lost package went through FedEx did The Lost package thing and they said that they... Read more »

Q: In the state of NC, is there a maximum daily storage fee a towing company can charge?

I saw there was a $25 daily storage fee limit, but I want to ensure this is correct. Thank you!

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Public Benefits for South Carolina on
Q: For point (a) do all three conditions have to be met or just one condition?

Want to know if just members can dissolve a corporation

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law and Public Benefits for Puerto Rico on
Q: Porque no se puede tomar video en PR para huso de prueba o personal. Estoy en un hospital en ER y te faltan el respeto.

O que te digan "si no te gusta el servicio te puedes ir" Y ellos están grabando si el consentimiento mío. Y yo no puedo. No entiendo.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Public Benefits for Tennessee on
Q: Under Title 39 rule broken is 5 and 8 Is there away to get my gun license reinstated

Did go to court but was discontinued on both cases.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Jan 25, 2023

Your question makes no sense. Redo your question. There is a procedure in General Sessions Court to appeal the denial of a Handgun Permit.

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Tennessee on
Q: Is there an IDA application available in Madison County Tennessee?

I am interning at a nonprofit and was looking into IDA applications as a resource for clients. I have found applications from other states, and have found reference to them in Tennessee code 71-3-1001, yet cannot find an actual application or mention of them outside of that.

Henry Ambrose
Henry Ambrose PRO label
answered on Jan 25, 2023

Thank you for helping people.

I think what you are looking for is here:

Keep up the good work.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Public Benefits and Health Care Law for Florida on
Q: Can psych offices legally agree to one contract rate with one insurance company then submit secondary claims to Medicare

Situation: Psychiatric Office has an agreed upon contracted rate with my wife’s insurance company for $81 a visit (she also uses the same office) they primary insurance company tells them to not collect anything else from the patient (no copay) THEN the office submits a claim to Medicare (even... Read more »

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
answered on Jan 21, 2023

That office might be a Medicare fraudster (engaging in crimes), or this could be legitimate under the insurance policy and Medicare rules. You should first ask the office (in a friendly way) for its explanation for their billings, and if the explanation doesn't make sense, tell them so and... Read more »

Q: Is it illegal to use the CEO Rental assistance program if I have the money to pay my rent

I found out a roommate used the program even though I gave them the money for the rent so I basically had my money misused or I guess in the loosest sense stolen

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Virginia on
Q: Can a public state university prevent the public from attending student-required extracurricular indoctrination-lectures

I'm a community political activist & member of the public. JMU has a semi-weekly extracurricular indoctrination-lecture-program, known as "D.E.E.P. Impact", by which they attempt to indoctrinate the 20,000-strong student-body into highly-biased, socio-political woke neo-Marxist... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Public Benefits for Arkansas on
Q: In ARKANSAS, what happens if PUA is paid while the claimant is incarcerated and is investigated and has a prior record?

Assuming they are found guilty what are the penalties?Is is always prison if the claimant can pay back on payments?

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Public Benefits for Arkansas on
Q: What about in the FEMA acting situation, where there is no first responders, like now or we don’t have paramedics

With doctors and nurses quitting day by day in numbers from years of nonstop over work. To note also with a financial collapse of society, the world in the world as we know it what do you say the conditions would be for the states section law statures to hold up against a localized commonwealth?

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits and Business Law for California on
Q: Need advice on requirements on unifying an unincorporated association with a public benefit corporation.

We are an unincorporated association with members that do philanthropic work in the community. We want to unify with our sister entity, a public benefit corporation which manages the property we and other community groups use for meetings. The members of the public benefit corporation are the... Read more »

Matthew Morris
Matthew Morris
answered on Jan 10, 2023

An unincorporated association does not need permission from the Secretary of State to give away its property and dissolve, but an unincorporated association that exists for charitable purposes almost certainly needs to get permission from the Attorney General's office. Groups that have assets... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits and Business Law for California on
Q: What methods may a public benefit corporation in California use for member voting? Is in person plus mail in ok?

We need a quorum of 50% of members to pass a resolution. We may not have 50% available to vote in person. Is an email ballot to be mailed in and opened during the meeting sufficient?

Matthew Morris
Matthew Morris
answered on Jan 10, 2023

The law allows for voting by mail or email, but the question of whether a particular organization can take advantage of those methods depends on certain facts.

To start with "unless prohibited in the articles or bylaws, any action which may be taken at any regular or special meeting of...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Education Law and Public Benefits for Oregon on
Q: I want to sue head start for kicking my son out because he has tourettes and called dhs on me 5 times before they kicked
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 17, 2023

An Oregon attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal. At this point, one option is to reach out to law firms to see if it's possible to set up a free initial consult to briefly discuss. In addition to your own attorney searches, you... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.