Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Land Use & Zoning Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Massachusetts on
Q: Is there a list of abandoned cemeteries? Our family cemetery is at 2306 Marietta Blvd, Atlanta but no owner can be found

This cemetery is marked by the Georgia Historic Commission and GA Historic Society as historic. After having the plot cleared out I found what could be slave graves which would also be historically and culturally significant. I would like to have this verified by an archeologist but it seems I... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for Georgia on
Q: Part of my neighbor's fence has been in my backyard. I now need it moved. He is ignoring me about this, what can I do?

His fence was partially in my yard when I bought the place 8 yrs. ago & he knows that. I did say anything to him at that time.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Feb 1, 2023

Hire a competent GA attorney now that conducts real property litigation. If you do not file suit for the Boundary Line Action, you will acquiesce to the present fence line which is physically ascertainable. Title to both properties should be searched for the common boundary. A surveyor may be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Land Use & Zoning and Probate for Oregon on
Q: What happens when you have lived with your mother in her home for over 16 years during you have helped pay for

The home remodeling.just in the last few years my mother had moved out the home to stay with my only brother ln his house then she passes and no will witch it was decided verbally that he would get money that she left and I get the home then he passed away and now my nephew is filling for executive... Read more »

Theressa Hollis
Theressa Hollis
answered on Feb 1, 2023

I am sorry for your loss. In Oregon when someone dies without a Will their intestate heirs have priority to be appointed as their Personal Representative (Executor). Your nephew would likely not have priority so if you wish to be in charge of your mother's probate I recommend you hire an... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning on
Q: If an owner of the land dies will it be pass down to the children and will it also be passed down to their children

Grandmother died and now my aunt and uncle's want the land and my mother died not long ago . Who will take the land ? Me and my mother have been paying for the expenses of the house , only me and my uncle now live there.

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Louisiana on
Q: What is do when you can in walk down your drive way with out neighbor dogs trying to diet me or my kids.

I live in deweyville Texas apparently there are no laws in my county dogs can do whatever they.

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Election Law, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for California on
Q: My question is about online contracts for residential and commercial properties purchase online. Are they legit?

1. Zillow


3. Clever Real Estate

4. Trulia

5. Redfin


7. HomeFinder




11. RealtyTrac


13. Craigslist... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Land Use & Zoning for California on
Q: is it illegal to jump someone's front yard fence for just a few seconds
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
answered on Jan 28, 2023


you are trespassing, which can be civil or criminal.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Land Use & Zoning for Washington on
Q: Have a 'View Easement' on neighbor's property, with NO language specifying WHAT the view should be for, or from WHERE.

Easement is for trees (or anything) rising above 1,420' elevation, and it says we have a right to cut/trim/top above that. If our satelite Dish reception is now being blocked by two of the neighbor's small trees that are growing above 1,420' (in the 'Easement Area') can he... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Land Use & Zoning for New York on
Q: Can a neighbor take out a fence when their surveyor says is on their property line

But you build the fence according to the building inspector and receive a certificate of compliance from the town building department

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Collections, Construction Law and Land Use & Zoning on
Q: Dependancy & Neglect case, can you file a motion for Judgment and Order for Possession to get your children back?

Your children are considered your property. In a D&N case the children were unlawfully removed under fraud (have proof) the children were removed @ birth. Falsified allegations in order to get an Ex Parte warrant, then removed the allegations from the petition before the 72hr court hearing to... Read more »

Barry W. Kaufman
Barry W. Kaufman
answered on Jan 26, 2023

Please hire an attorney an immediately. You are in way over your head and none of the things you are thinking of filing have any relationship at all to the legal issues at hand. If you continue to play lawyer you are going to lose whatever is left of your case.

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Maryland on
Q: Can I break my lease because my apartment is affected with mice and snake?Are Indoor Dryer Vents Legal in Maryland?

I discovered a mice infestation during the second week of my tenancy, it’s been almost 6 months, still the problem remains. In addition to this, there are issues with broken appliances such as the refrigerator, which has a water flow problem. There is also a leak from one of the ceilings.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Texas on
Q: Who enforces property deed restrictions, no HOA, in my subdivision regarding neighbor with hogs. Deed states no hogs

Hogs up against my fence causing ungodly odor, noise, filth conditions. Sheriff's department will not help. Deed restrictions states no hogs at all !!

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Jan 25, 2023

Any homeowner in the subdivision has standing to enforce the deed restrictions.

You can hire an attorney to secure a permanent injunction against your neighbors for violating the restrictive convenants and seeking a money judgment for any damages caused to your property by the hogs....
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Energy, Oil and Gas, Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: PA Mineral Rights Lease on Inherited Property

My Spouse & his siblings inherited a property in Pennsylvania. They have been offered an oil and gas lease. The company is asking me to sign a spouse ratification form even thought I am not on the title, the property is his alone (inherited) and I think we are not in a community state.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Louisiana on
Q: Is it illegal for 18 wheelers to use their air horns to let someone know they are backing up in a residential neighborh?

I have a waste transfer station less than 100' away from my house. The 18 wheelers that haul the trash out of here to a landfill are the ones using their air horns less than a 100' from my home to let someone know that they are backing up. They should have backup beacons or radio and not... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for North Carolina on
Q: A multistate corp is trying to start a landfill near my property. Do the landowners nearby have any rights to stop this

A small existing landfill is there now, although it also began after homes were nearby. It is a nuisance but is mostly tolerated. However now it is being sold to a corporation that wants to expand it by 6x which would bring it up to our property, which is a horse farm.

The county board of... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Land Use & Zoning for Georgia on
Q: See below.

Is your interpretation of this ordinance that it would be unlawful for booting to occur on an apartment complex parking lot zoned "R-3 SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL" regardless of a contract since this wouldn't be a commercial parking lot?

" § 162-263. Service calls. Latest... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Michigan on
Q: Zoning

I have owned land since 2020 to be used as campable . The Township now says its a restricted area and will not issue a permit to camp on my own land because I had not camped on it prior to as I have been clearing trees to make it safe. Does my property fall under non conforming use?

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for California on
Q: Someone is making claim to a garage unit I own using a quitclaim deed given to him by the HOA. How can I legally remove?

Another unit owner in the complex currently has his belongings in my detached garage and is claiming ownership because he has a quitclaim deed given to him by the HOA. It shows on my grant deed and title that I am the sole owner and should have exclusive access to the garage unit. How am I Legally... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Land Use & Zoning for Kentucky on
Q: Hello, I had a hunting lease the last few years and we backed out after issues.

The property is owned by a conservation company and they kept doing work every dear season and they always told us they was done but then would do more work at inconvenient times. We didnt sign a contract this year but i had sent a check to secure the property. Things went south and we pulled out.... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jan 22, 2023

If you didn’t sign a contract there is no agreement for this year absent an oral contract if you agreed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.