Agricultural Law Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

US Territories

  • Puerto Rico

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Agricultural Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law for Arkansas on
Q: I sold a tractor to a guy and he sent me the money. I live in Arkansas and he lives in Illinois. How long does he have

How long does he have to come get the tractor. I have given him 3 weeks and he has paid for it. There is no bill of sale and he doesn’t seem interested in really getting it

0 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law, Environmental, Gov & Administrative Law and Land Use & Zoning for Alabama on
Q: I own a tap house in Calhoun County, Alabama. I have a beer/wine license, but no health inspections, food permits, etc.

Can I allow patrons to bring food from other restaurants, order food for delivery, etc, and not be subjected to health department enforcement?

0 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law and Environmental for Indiana on
Q: Can you hunt in railroad tracks?
0 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law and Animal / Dog Law for Oregon on
Q: I have a matter regarding the ownership of an alpaca.

I have a matter regarding the ownership of an alpaca. My live-in boyfriend when he bought his home in 2018, the former owner left and gave him 2 alpacas and their registration papers. We bought 2 more alpacas a year or so later. My boyfriend gave me one of the alpacas he was given when he... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law for North Carolina on
Q: On the exit there are wild growing Staghorn Sumac. This is considered a weed and the tops are ready for harvest.

Only the top portions are usable and I would like to know if I park far away as not to deter traffic am I able to harvest the tops of the weeds?

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law and Agricultural Law on
Q: So I've had the sheriff deputy come 2 times already this time it left a yellow note about an animal complain

My animals have water and shelter. I don't know who keeps calling but the yellow paper says i should call the sheriff office and i don't know what to say. Or what are my rights.

0 Answers | Asked in Agricultural Law and Real Estate Law for Missouri on
Q: Do MO Statutes and MO non profit law rule over decs and bylaws, in regards to number needed to call a special meeting?

Owners have petitioned for a special meeting to remove a director. Mo Statute says 20% of owner must sign petition (which is 13 signatures needed), Non Profit Law states 5% (which is 4 signatures) and then our bylaws say 2/3 of owners must sign a special meeting petition (this is 43 signatures).... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Agricultural Law for Kentucky on
Q: City passed a new ordinance a year after I have owned chickens and are saying I have to get rid of them am I grandfather

I’ve lived there for three years and owned chickens they whole three years and are now telling me I have to get rid of them new ordinance passed may 2nd this year

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Aug 25, 2022

One would need to see the ordinance and it’s history to properly answer this question.

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law, Energy, Oil and Gas and Land Use & Zoning for Texas on
Q: We own 83 acres of timber but not mineral rights. We have several homes (children) on our property and a cluster well.

We do not own mineral rights. Just received call from driller advising they will be drilling oil on our land. How do i protect our homes timber and water source?

Aimee Hess
Aimee Hess
answered on Jul 13, 2022

In Texas, the mineral estate is the dominant estate. That means that the mineral owner and the oil company have the right to make all reasonable uses of the surface for exploration, drilling and production of oil and gas.

The Texas Railroad Commission, the state agency which regulates oil...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Agricultural Law and Landlord - Tenant for Utah on
Q: can I cancel my rental agreement when I sell my property or does the rental agreement continue on with the new owner

this is a rental agreement on farm ground

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore
answered on Jul 12, 2022

The answer to your question will normally be found in your rental agreement. If you don't have anything in the agreement that specifically allows you to cancel if you sell, then you will normally be expected to fulfill the terms of the contract. As this is for farm ground, you don't have... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Agricultural Law and Civil Rights for California on
Q: I have a concern and feel that I have received a notice of terminate tenancy
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
answered on Jun 16, 2022

more info is needed.

what is your question and does it relate to DUI?

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Agricultural Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Does electric company has 100% approval to clear cut the easement of trees if for 50 Years they have been trimming
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
answered on May 19, 2022

If they have a utility easement then yes they can clear the trees out.

Q: My boss put a ring motion censored audio/visual camera in shipping office without consent, he admitted it was for me

This camera send notifications to his phone whenever the sensor is activated. In midst of an altercation with him he admitted to placing that camera there specifically for me even though there are many people who work in that office I just happen to work alone on night shift. He has stooped as low... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
answered on Apr 13, 2022

There are laws against recording people on cameras without their knowledge, but assuming that you knew about it, your boss doesn't need your permission.

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Agricultural Law and Environmental for Texas on
Q: I got a warning but no citation, do I have to appear in court?

I got a warning from a TPWD Game Warden for no hunter's safety certificate. I was told to email proof of completion to the local judge and the issue would be resolved, i wouldn't have to appear in court (I have already done so). There is a handwritten appearance date at the bottom, what do I do?

Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
answered on Mar 20, 2022

Call the court and make sure that you don't have to appear

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Agricultural Law, Civil Litigation and Small Claims for Alabama on
Q: If someone is driving by my house blowing train horns repeatedly is it against the law and what can I do about it?

Someone who doesn’t like me comes by my house regularly and blows train horns that he has hooked up to his truck and recently spooked my horse. My horse ran into the side of our barn due to this. We’ve reported him to the police for running me off the road and harassment but they say there is... Read more »

Nelson Craig Johnson
Nelson Craig Johnson
answered on Jan 19, 2022

You can look into if your city or county has a local noise ordinance, but if the police refuse to enforce it that may be a problem. You may want to call the city attorney or district attorney to discuss the matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.