Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Wyoming Probate Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Probate for Wyoming on
Q: How do I obtain a notice of application? Do I get it after filling out the application and provide it to my county court

In reference to this form:

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Probate for Wyoming on
Q: How to make a unsigned will legit in court

Father died the day of his will sighning. Went through lawyers and they won't release will document. Has my name and fathers.

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Wyoming on
Q: My father passed away in 2019 in March and I just found out how can I find out if he had a will

I just got a copy of his death certificate

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Jan 21, 2022

Check with whatever Court handles Probate jurisdiction in WY. Start with the County he died in, then possibly a County he owned real property. Ask was there a Probate for your Father? If so, read the File. If no Probate, then no Will has been Probated. Check the Land Records in whatever... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Intellectual Property, Land Use & Zoning, Probate and Real Estate Law for Wyoming on
Q: Can the owner of the land sale the land if there is property on it thats wrap up in probate?
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Jun 21, 2021

Your question is unclear. If there is only one tract, then apparently the alleged owner is actually only a tenant in common and the Probate will need to be closed prior to sale. If more than one tract, then the alleged owner may be able to convey the tract he owns. The Probate may only be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Wyoming on
Q: My father recently passed his oldest daughter said she didn’t want the responsibility of making decisions and said my

Aunt could however I’m his daughter and next of kin and no one asked me What I wanted shldnt the decisions b mine to make since my sister declined?

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Apr 28, 2020

It sounds like you are interested in being the executor of your dad's estate and he had no will. In that case you can file your own petition to be appointed executor and let the judge decide. Do not delay. Once an executor is appointed it is quite difficult to get him or her removed without... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Wyoming on
Q: My dad remarried after my mom died..My mom had a will but the executor died not long after my mom and hadn't filed it.

New wife sold house without informing us. Put everything in storage and claims house sold way

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Jan 16, 2020

Unless that will is found and it says something different your dad’s children should have inherited half of his estate. Hire a probate attorney right away. The longer you wait the harder it is going to get to straighten this out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.