Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Adoption legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nevada Adoption Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Nevada on
Q: How do I go about legally adopting my sig others son, so we can get him a passport, as well as have legal rights?

My significant other and I have been together since sept 2013. Child was born Jan 2012. Biological father has never put forth any effort to support (financially or emotionally) the child and has been in and out of jail and prison the child’s entire life. I’ve been acting in place as his father... View More

Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
answered on Apr 26, 2022

The child's mother can file with the Court requesting to obtain a passport for the child. When granted, the Court will order that the passport can be obtained without the Biological father's signature.

The child's mother can also file for sole or primary custody and child...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Nevada on
Q: Hi,I have a step son and he has 2 last names. Taylor-O’Neill.Which name would be used as his last name, e.g in school?

We agreed on the hyphenated last name so the mother was happy, but overall we wanted him to have his dads last name(O’Neill). Was it wrong how we hyphenated it. Is the first last name what places,business, etc go by? Thank you.

Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
answered on Feb 28, 2022

if the legal name is hyphenated, the entire hyphenated name should be used as his last name.

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption and Family Law for Nevada on
Q: My ex and her daughter live with me. The daughter isn't my Biological child but i consider her my child so do they both

I would like to adopt or step I'm just not sure how to do it. Me and the mother are not romantically involved but we are best friends any help you could give would be great

Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
answered on Sep 9, 2020

Adoption would be possible only if the child’s biological father’s rights have already been terminated, or if he is willing to forfeit his parental rights. If the child’s biological father intends to keep his parental rights, then the court will not grant those rights onto additional parties.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Adoption and Animal / Dog Law for Nevada on
Q: I paid in advance for a dog I never ended up taking. It’s been a over a month and the family hasn’t returned my money.

What’s the best route to take to get my money back from them? Unforeseen circumstances arose between the time I paid for the dog and when I was supposed to pick him up so I made the decision to back out. Communication has been terrible it’s been about three weeks since I’ve heard from the... View More

Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad
answered on May 2, 2019

Perhaps small claims, you should get the dog or the money.

Contact an AZ attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.