Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Foreclosure legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Arkansas Foreclosure Questions & Answers
3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Contracts, Foreclosure, Personal Injury and Identity Theft for Arkansas on
Q: How would I go about finding out if someone has married me without me knowing and also taken power of attorney over me

If someone is using my name and social how would I find out how it's being/been used

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 4, 2024

If you suspect that someone may have married you without your knowledge and obtained power of attorney over you using your name and social security number, it's essential to take immediate action. First, gather any available documents or information related to these concerns. Reach out to your... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Divorce, Family Law and Foreclosure for Arkansas on
Q: Howdo I get a dismissed petition chapter13 bankruptcy removed frm my credit report if the filing information wasn't mine

I need help in regards a chapter 13 bankruptcy that all the debts were in ex spouses name but they filed it in my name. Hes Scott free and now they are foreclosing, and I'm still co borrower on the mortgage. How can I do I fix this for my future. Divorce is pending.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Mar 10, 2023

Contact all three credit bureaus and advise them of the error and provide them with the documentation necessary to correct it. Usually takes about 30-45 days to get corrected.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Estate Planning, Foreclosure and Tax Law for Arkansas on
Q: My father recently passed unexpectedly. How do i find locate his debt/investments?
Rose Blondin Shea
Rose Blondin Shea
answered on Aug 24, 2020

I would keep an eye on any mail that comes in his name. Most likely they will mail him something at some point at which time you can contact them. Also look for any estate plans that he has in his home perhaps in a safe or filing cabinet. If he has an estate plan you can also try to contact the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can a bankruptcy stop a foreclosure/ eviction after it has been lost?

I have a (trailer) renter who was being faced with foreclosure back in may and lost. Well in June the same renter filed for bankruptcy. Now the mortgage company won't come for the trailer since it's in bankruptcy. Is there anything I can do?

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jul 11, 2018

No. It might slow it down temporarily, but only temporarily, especially where the property has already been lost.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Foreclosure for Arkansas on
Q: Im facing eviction from foreclosure. My home did not sell to an individual. No papers served, but are attempted.

My loan is robo signed. I have a copy of no endorsement or notory. Just my name on a blank paper. Is it possible to stop eviction? Can attourney stop eviction?

Brandon M Haubert
Brandon M Haubert
answered on May 23, 2017

Yes. You need to consult with a lawyer. You may be able to stop the foreclosure as well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.