Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas Insurance Defense Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for Arkansas on
Q: Should I plead guilty or not guilty to insurance fraud? Class D felony first time offender can't afford a attorney

Basically I got In a wreck a while back (was not at fault) and bought an insurance claim right after I got out of the car. The insurance investigator asked and I lied and said it was before. No money was ever given to me nor was the car fixed and I was making a statement that I wasn't trying... View More

Richard Lane Hughes
Richard Lane Hughes
answered on Jun 19, 2021

I don't know if I completely understand the facts of your case. However, that alone is a reason for you to have an attorney. That is, to help you communicate with the prosecutor as well as the court.

Plead not guilty and advise the court that you cannot afford an attorney. You are...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Insurance Defense for Arkansas on
Q: I was served summons paper to go to court for fraudulent insurance acts as a class d felony on a first offense what mean

Want to know what it means and do I have to go I am confused scared and nervous because I never been in such trouble in the state of Arkansas what are the odds and I am a certified nursing assistant I don’t want that in my records.

James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
answered on Feb 14, 2018

You need to hire an attorney right away. There are several on here. Look us up online for additional help.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Arkansas on
Q: i stopped at a stop sign until all was clear for me to turn. i was struck my a motorist going over twice the speed limit

the motorist had a brand new crotch rocket motorcycle and estimated speed was over 2 times the posted speed limit as he shot around the sharp curve and hit me. it is all on video as well and with many witnesses. he had no insurance and my car is broken. what should i do?

James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
answered on Nov 22, 2017

If you have insurance you can make a claim. If you do not want to do that you should seek a lawyer. Joe Denton is one of the best. 501.358.4999

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Defense and Probate for Arkansas on
Q: what to do when someone steals your half of life insurance policy

Cousin had my legal guardian (my aunt/adoptive mom) change her life insurance beneficiary to herself about three months before she passed from cancer then stole all of my insurance money and I lost everything because my mom had just died basically. My cousin lies and swears she didn't get ANY... View More

Ben F Meek III
Ben F Meek III
answered on Feb 15, 2017

Contact some lawyers and hire the one you like best. Many offer free initial consultations. Good luck.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Defense and Traffic Tickets for Arkansas on
Q: Can I get a ticket 2 months later after an accident. I found out my insurance had lapsed at the time of accident

The other party is threatening to have his cop buddies write me a ticket since they found out my insurance was lapsed and take me to court to pay his fees. I thought I had insurance. It was all on private property in a parking lot and no one got a ticket. He was cutting through the parking spaces... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 8, 2017

If he was on a lane you'd use to exit the lot he had the right of way and 500 for a full release may not be a bad deal.

Driving without insurance can mean your license could be suspended to get insurance, get a release for the 500 would be my advice. You can check with a member of the...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.