Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Dakota Car Accidents Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for South Dakota on
Q: I was involved in a charter bus crash. What legal rights do the bus and insurance companys have to withhold my property.

About 2 weeks ago I was a passenger on a charter bus accident that resulted in a fatality of the driver who hit us. The bus company would not allow us to remove of luggage from beneath the bus. It has now been 2 weeks and I have still not gotten back my luggage. The state patrol has told me that... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 4, 2018

No. Contact a member of the SDak Assn for Justice --they give free consults.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for South Dakota on
Q: Who pays insurance claim for a minor that was in an accident?What happens when the minor becomes 18 & claim isn't paid 4

My parents are refusing to pay for a insurance claim on an accident I was in last year. I caused the accident, I was riding my bicycle and hit a car. The insurance company is asking for money. The letters they send are being addressed to "The Parents of "Minors Name"". My parents just told me that... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 9, 2017

The parents are technically responsible.You may want to pay it if you can. Start by figuring what the bill was (I'm assuming you are at fault because you say so). If you pay you want a release of all claims.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for South Dakota on
Q: Do I need to pay for days downtime to repair car wash I damaged?

I damaged a carwash and being sued $1500 material & labor, but $3500 for missed revenue. Can I argue not paying the missed revenue?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Nov 13, 2015

Turn it over to your insurance company.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is impossible to evaluate a legal problem...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for South Dakota on
Q: In SD is a person without insurance still able to recover damages if other driver ran a red light?
John M DeProspo
John M DeProspo answered on Jun 17, 2015

Your insurance status has no bearing on the issue of liability. So answer is "yes."

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.