Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
District of Columbia Election Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Election Law for District of Columbia on
Q: I am a shut-in. My husband won't allow me to obtain an ID. What can I do?

I'm 57 yrs old and suffered a medical emergency 3 yes ago. I have been homebound since.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 11, 2023

If you are a shut-in and unable to leave your home to obtain an ID, you may still be able to obtain one through alternative methods. One option is to apply for a state ID card by mail or online, if your state offers these options. You may need to provide certain documents, such as a birth... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.