Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Florida Native American Law Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Native American Law for Florida on

Q: Can I get spousal support when my husband is in an Indian tribe? That's our only income

He was controlling and never let me work... been in this marriage for 9 years

Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Jun 16, 2017

Probably, but what is the kind of income you're asking about?

1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law for Florida on

Q: I got a dinial from BIA .where can I file next

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Aug 7, 2015

You need specifically tailored advice from an attorney who handles these types of cases. The general practitioner, like me, is not going to know the answer without doing research.

1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law for Florida on

Q: How does the defendant reverse a Wage Garnishment in Indian River County, Florida?

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Jul 26, 2015

I need to know a lot more facts to be able to give you an answer, any attorney would. It depends upon the facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.