Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Health Care Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Connecticut Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Health Care Law for Connecticut on
Q: What can be done when procedures that weren’t ordered are done.

We ordered 2 tests done and blood drawn for those two tests. The facility drew blood enough for 6 tests and is currently processing those test that weren’t ordered through them. Do we have any sort of case.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 8, 2024

A Connecticut attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. If you did not suffer physical harm, it does not appear to offer a basis for a med mal case. Different attorneys could see a given situation differently. You could reach out to local attorneys to arrange a free... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Health Care Law and Public Benefits for Connecticut on
Q: where can i get more help regarding opioid damages?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 14, 2022

A Connecticut attorney could probably advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could look up law firms that handle product liability cases, in particular ones that specialize in pharmaceutical drugs. Firms in this sector often hold themselves out for particular drugs, in terms... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination and Health Care Law for Connecticut on
Q: Can a job offer be revoked due to me being a medical marijuana patient in Connecticut (not gov't job)?

I was offered a job a few months ago (contingent upon a drug screen and background check). I am a medical marijuana patient in the state of CT (PTSD sleep issues) and this job was located instate. I received an email from HR revoking the job offer due to a "failed drug test". When I... View More

Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg
answered on Oct 30, 2019

Pursuant to a recent federal district court case (Noffsinger v. SSN Niantic Operating Co. LLC,) Connecticut employees who have received approval from the state agency to use medical marijuana outside of work cannot be fired just because they test positive for marijuana during a drug screening.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: I found out recently that I had potentially unnecessary surgery performed on me as an infant, do I have any recourse?

I've attempted to contact the hospital to request records but apparently they purge all records 10 years after discharge in accordance with CT state law. Not knowing the details of this surgery has major implications on my medical affairs currently. Also, the possibility that the surgeon... View More

Sally A. Roberts
Sally A. Roberts
answered on Dec 23, 2016

The statue of limitations will be a major hurdle. I don't see any way around it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.