Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Juvenile Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: My son is a minor and may or may not face criminal charges. Does he need a lawyer?

The officer and the detective said the decision is up to the DA's office.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 8, 2023

If your son is facing potential criminal charges, it is strongly advisable to consult with a lawyer as soon as possible. Even if the decision regarding charges ultimately rests with the DA's office, having legal representation can be crucial to protect your son's rights and ensure his... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Education Law and Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: hello, i am 16 years old and i have ran away. how i can continue working at my job and enroll in school?

i turn 17 in november, and am adopted.

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on May 14, 2023

I am very concerned for you. Please seek out the assistance of an agency for at-risk youth or even the department of job and family services. I am assuming since you are still working a job you are within the same community as your parents, You may ask the school and work to change your address... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Kansas on
Q: What does it cost to have a misdemeanor record expunged
Patrick Lewis
Patrick Lewis
answered on Dec 26, 2012

It used to be free, but the legislature passed a bill last year setting a filing fee. That filing fee should be around one hundred dollars. You can file it yourself or hire an attorney to handle the paperwork.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.