Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Land Use & Zoning Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Georgia on
Q: Just found out my house was built across a property line some 30+ years ago. Owner of encroached land shows no concern.

I want to sell my house. Encroached land is my front yard (extensive improvements). Can I legally annex this 1/2 acre strip to sell my house?

Gregory Byrnes
Gregory Byrnes answered on Mar 26, 2020

You may have a claim for adverse possession:

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Land Use & Zoning for Georgia on
Q: Hi,my landlord is telling me i need to move due to knowing my husband has a past charge and there is another guy

Living in the same trailer park.I payed 1 months of rent and tells me that i need to move. I pay $672 a month. I gave them $1100 to move in. They knew he had the charge and he is on the lease.

Ecleynne Mercy
Ecleynne Mercy answered on Feb 24, 2020

Hey there must be a valid lease first to see what legal recourse you have.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Real Estate Law and Land Use & Zoning for Georgia on
Q: what is the law in rabun county for abandoned vehicles and houses on uncared for land?

@ 573 david drive this house is a nuisance and so is the vehicle parked at or in the right away for months now. just need some direction

Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw answered on Nov 18, 2019

The best practice in this case is to contact Code Enforcement.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Georgia on
Q: What type of lawyer is needed for zoning disputes?

I purchased a moblie home and placed it on my land after the city code enforcer approved for it to be placed there n 4 months later the say it cant br placed here and that it have to be move because they made a mistake even offered me a lil check to move it but not to cover my expenses and hook up

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 2, 2019

There are lawyers who specialize in land use & zoning matters. Additionally, experienced real estate lawyers could also be familiar with these issues. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Land Use & Zoning, Estate Planning, Landlord - Tenant and Probate for Georgia on
Q: My grandfather inherited a house and piece of land from my great grandmother after she passed.

Yes I am getting information for my grandfather. He inherited a house and piece of land from my great grandmother when she passed. He put his soon to be ex wife on the deed and now she is leaving and packing all her stuff to leave. She just came into alot of money from her father passing. Can he... Read more »

Paula J. Mcgill
Paula J. Mcgill answered on Aug 17, 2019

Your grandfather should have consulted an attorney before she put her on the deed. If he did, he should go back to the attorney to consult with him or her.

Once you put a person's name on a deed, you can just simply remove it even if it was inherited. It was nonmarital property until...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Georgia on
Q: I purchased a property that wasn’t on a condem list now they won’t to condemn it do I have the right to repair
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 30, 2019

If you want to keep the property you had better contact the condemning authority and find out what you will have to do to bring the property back up to code, or whatever.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Land Use & Zoning for Georgia on
Q: In the state of Georgia, where and what exactly is defined as a “public space”?

It’s not as if everything is clearly marked “public space”, how do I know if a say, a parking lot is considered public or private property?

David Edward Boyle
David Edward Boyle answered on Sep 24, 2018

What code section are you referring to which uses the term "public space"?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.