Michigan Military Law Questions & Answers

Q: Custody issues in Michigan while father is in military

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Family Law and Military Law for Michigan on
Answered on Sep 24, 2017
Brent T. Geers' answer
Do you have a current custody order? Depending on what is really going on (I'm quite frankly astonished that a 5 year old could weigh 210 pounds), this could present substantial cause to warrant a custody change. If you don't have a custody order, you need to make that happen. Being in the military, you'll need a custody order to secure benefits and pay for your child.

Q: Can an 18 year old Marine get in trouble for getting both a 17 year old and 16 year old pregnant?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Juvenile Law and Military Law for Michigan on
Answered on Oct 9, 2016
Paul Stanko's answer
So you want to get him in trouble out of revenge? That vindictiveness is short-sighted. How will he support his two illegitimate children without a job?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.