Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Minnesota International Law Questions & Answers
Q: Can I be charged with things not on a warrant . Say the warrant was for stolen stuff but cops got me with bullets and dr

Cops came to my house to search my truck for stolen things but only found bullets ,paraphilia,and on my phone pics of stolen things can they charge me if what they found was not on the watrent. Things they found were out of my storage unit I was bringing back to storage didnt even know any of that... Read more »

Sarah Gad
Sarah Gad
answered on Mar 10, 2023

I do not know the full circumstances of the situation and cannot answer your question specifically. Generally speaking, a warrant has to state with particularity the items to be searched and seized. The police must request a warrant signed by a neutral third party (i.e., judge or magistrate) unless... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, International Law and Libel & Slander for Minnesota on
Q: needing help with dealing with a uruguayan resident in minnesota.

I have a uruguayan resident cyberstalking me and others for 2+ years, affecting my mental health + work. They started stalking me in early 2020, and i am afraid to have social media accounts so they won’t affect me/my friends anymore. i am a disabled artist and this person has affected my ability... Read more »

Sarah Gad
Sarah Gad
answered on Nov 26, 2022

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have a cyberstalker, and you're not alone. As many as 8% of Americans report being stalked online at some point in their life. In many cases, it's possible to get rid of the person on your own by locking down your social media and other accounts. But if... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Federal Crimes and International Law for Minnesota on
Q: Can I still get a passport to travel outside of US, since I am no longer under probation?

I have served time in the work house for 2 and a half months in the state of MN. My probation ended in Jan 17, 2017 and was wondering if I can get a passport and travel outside say, the Philippines?

Carl Shusterman
Carl Shusterman
answered on Apr 26, 2018

If you are a US citizen, you should be able to get a passport to travel abroad.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.