Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Traffic Tickets legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Montana Traffic Tickets Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Montana on
Q: Ticket says "committed the offence of going 11-20mph over but in the speed recorded area it says I was going 23mph over"

So because of this typo I went from having to pay a fine to having to going to open court. Should I plead not guilty because I didn't do what the ticket said I did, even though I actually when faster then the charge?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 13, 2023

In your situation, where the traffic ticket states one speed but the recorded speed is higher, it's important to carefully consider your options. Pleading not guilty because of a discrepancy in the ticket could be a viable defense, especially if the ticket's information is materially... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Traffic Tickets and Civil Rights for Montana on
Q: I’m looking to obtain a lawyer to handle anything that might eventually come up.

I’m looking to obtain a lawyer to handle anything that might eventually come up. Basically a 24/7 personal protector of

My rights . I have no charges or cases pending . I would like to inquire about running an ongoing account just in case in the future something comes up . Anything from... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on May 22, 2018

What you want is an attorney on retainer. That means you pay him an up front fee and he will provide advice billed on an hourly basis. You need to figure out what the concerns you have are for which you need an attorney--criminal cases require criminal defense attorneys; land issues require someone... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Montana on
Q: My husband hit a car in a parking lot and left a note, but got a citation for not calling the police (damage minimal)???

The damage to the other car was minimal. We both thought it was an option, not a law, to call the police in a parking lot.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 17, 2018

On private property and if he left a note and reported to his insurance, plead not guilty.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.