Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Insurance Bad Faith legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
New Mexico Insurance Bad Faith Questions & Answers
Q: What type of attorney should I contact to sue workers compensation insurance for medicare's required medical set aside +
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 7, 2023

A New Mexico attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. You could reach out to workers' comp attorneys to try to set up a free initial consult. Good luck

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for New Mexico on
Q: The insurance adjuster is saying carfax says there is a discrepancy 0f milage on my vehicle 50,000 miles diff. Not true

I have photos document emissions receipt ect. Saying 125,000 odometer. Can they cheat me

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 27, 2020

A New Mexico attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. As a general matter, based on these brief facts, I don't think the adjuster is trying to cheat you. What I think is happening is that your vehicle has been declared a total loss. So rather than simply... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Insurance Bad Faith and Insurance Defense for New Mexico on
Q: Where can I find the factual information on Diminished Value & it's relevancy to insurance claims in New Mexico?

I really would like to have some of the legislature on it so that I can know exactly what the current law is, or any shaping cases on the subject.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Nov 11, 2017

I believe I suggested if you were hurt contact a member of the NM Assn for Justice--they'll give you a free consult. Why not ask your own insurance or AAA?

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for New Mexico on
Q: How long may an Insurance company delay a disputed claim if no real dispute documents are provided?

I am beneficiary of my Aunts policy and her husband has disputed claim but not provided any true documentation to support the dispute. This has been going on now for 79 days and they are delaying another 30 days now.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 4, 2016

formally ask them for any documents suppporting opposiong position. Then file a complaint with the insurance department.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.