Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
North Carolina Native American Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Native American Law and Landlord - Tenant for North Carolina on
Q: If I miss my rent bond what is the deadline for my landlord to file for writ of possession

I just want to know how many does after I miss rent bond do the landlord have to file writ of possession I was told if they don’t file the next day after I missed it then they have to wait till the whole case is over

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 4, 2024

In North Carolina, after a tenant misses a rent payment, the landlord must first serve a demand for rent (if required by the lease) and then can file for eviction if the rent remains unpaid. The specific timeline for when a landlord can file for a writ of possession, which is the court order... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Admiralty / Maritime and Native American Law for North Carolina on
Q: How can my Family Sue for Reparations of Slay

The act of Slavery and Denationalization has erased our history and ability to identify in our indigenous status.. Through Legal Doctrine and the institution of Slavery The United States of America and States thereof are a Party to the Genocide of my people.. The only History that we can trace our... View More

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
answered on Oct 7, 2021

Any merits of any civil action must be discussed, examined, and explained to prospective Petitioner by an experienced litigant versed in that area of law intimately.

Thus, research, compare and select such professional for a preliminary case assessment before proceeding.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Litigation and Native American Law for North Carolina on
Q: My son's father is suing me for custody. Should I motion to dismiss? Or motion for summary judgement?

Improper venue- we live in different counties. I'm enrolled in a Native American tribe in ANOTHER county. My son lives with me. Yet, he could provide records our child lived with him last, only because he transfered our son to a different school, without my consent or knowledge. I didn't... View More

Mr. Albert Loch Saslow
Mr. Albert Loch Saslow
answered on Sep 3, 2020

I am going to give a total cop-out answer, but you really need to speak with a local family law attorney. There appears to be a lot going on in your case, and I am hesitant to give advice because I feel like I don't know the whole story.

I highly doubt that a motion to dismiss or a...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Native American Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can a USA citizenship have 2 more citizenship and passports other then the American one?

Hi, I am Brazilian and I'm about to receive the USA citizenship, so I'll be citizen in 2 Countries, Brazil and USA, and of course, I'll have the both passports. Besides that, I just realized that if I want I'm able to request the Portuguese citizenship and the portugueses... View More

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
answered on Oct 9, 2019

As far as the US is concerned you can carry a US passport and that of another country. You will need to see what the Brazilian position on the matter is.

Q: I live I north carolina my daughters boyfriend grandmother bout here a cell phone she will not give it to me what's my
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn
answered on Sep 27, 2019

I am sorry, this is not a patent law question. Perhaps you thought the category was paRents instead of paTents.

Good luck in resolving your situation.

Kevin E Flynn

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.