North Dakota Car Accidents Questions & Answers

Q: What should I do if I'm injured in a car accident and the other driver leaves the scene before I can get his/her info?

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for North Dakota on
Answered on Jul 18, 2018
Camille Brooks Ibrahim's answer
Hire an investigator or attorney in order to get the nearest surveillance video.

Q: Is it possible to get a accident off your record

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for North Dakota on
Answered on Feb 11, 2018
Peter N. Munsing's answer
They won't be on your drivers record. Unless insurance was notified not on any insurance record. After a few years they drop off.

Q: I rear ended someone but their tail lights were broken. Does that make them partly at fault?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for North Dakota on
Answered on Jan 12, 2018
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Your insurance can try. If you were hurt, contact a member ot the ND Assn for Justice--they give free consults. It'd be a stretch though.

Q: My son damaged a vehicle while at school. What is my responsibilities and what are my rights in the matter?

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Civil Litigation and Collections for North Dakota on
Answered on Dec 29, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Send a polite but crisp letter asking them to provide proof of the damage. However, if you have homeowners or vehicle insurance you will want to hand this over to them. If your son did the act, you may wish to consider talking to a therapist/counselor about how to appropriately discipline your son by which I mean the ways that may be counter-instinctual but work better than the instinctive ways we all wish to use to reach out and touch the youth.

Q: I have a work comp case in Nd. Will there be a cash settlement after I have recovered from my broken back or maybe not

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation and Car Accidents for North Dakota on
Answered on Dec 19, 2017
Lucas Wynne's answer
There is no way to predict the outcome of your case. You should hire a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.