Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Patents (Intellectual Property) Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Oklahoma on
Q: My 16 year old son wants visitation with me and I'm not legally his father, only biological and the mother says no

I have a 16 year old son that has a different man on his birth certificate. I know he is mine but not on paper. I am regular in his life and help support him with things he needs. His mother won't let me see him all of a sudden but he wants to see me. What can we do? Can he just leave home and... Read more »

Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden answered on Mar 14, 2020

I think your best bet is going to be to get the child's mother to agree to visitation. There is a very limited time window to challenge paternity, typically no more than two years. You can meet with an attorney for a consultation to discuss the specific facts of your case.

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Patents (Intellectual Property) and Probate for Oklahoma on
Q: grandmother died in 1902, prior to receiving patent deed, with no will. received heirs deed, can i file probate?
Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad answered on Aug 15, 2019

Generally, yes, a probate can be filed irregardless of how long somebody has been deceased. The question is whether such a probate would fix the title issue you have.

Q: decorating false fingernail to sell, can a provisional patent application be filed, for process, false fingernail use
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn answered on Jul 10, 2019

You can file a provisional patent application and say patent pending for a year but that may not be a long-term fix. In order for the patent process to be valuable to you, you need to get claims in a non-provisional application through the examination process. You will need to show that what you... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Estate Planning, Patents (Intellectual Property) and Probate for Oklahoma on
Q: Mother died in 2008 no will daughter been paying taxes on land acreage a14 years how do I get it in my name
Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad answered on Jul 8, 2019

If the property was owned in mother's name alone, this will require a probate. Since there was no Will, it would pass according to intestacy statutes. If she was single and you are the only heir, this should qualify for a summary probate. If she was married and/or had additional heirs, then... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Oklahoma on
Q: I'm 9 I live in Oklahoma, if I don't want to go or stay at my real dad's do i have to go or canot I go home to my mom

I live with my mom

Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean answered on Nov 26, 2017

You must go to your dad like the Court Order between your dad and mom says. If you don't, your mom could get in trouble. So, make the best of it, and try very hard to get along with your dad. I'm sure he loves you if he is attempting visits with you.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Oklahoma on
Q: How can stp dad get custdy of a child wif the mom wen the real dad don't wat 2 b in the child's life but don't wat2
Jason Perkins
Jason Perkins answered on Nov 10, 2017

I think you are asking how a step father can become the child's father if the biological father is not in the picture. I would recommend that you hire an attorney and look into seeing if the biological father would be open to the step father adopting the child.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it legal to 3D Model off a patent?

Is it legal to 3D Model off a patent, especially if it's expired?

Is it a copyright or trademark infringement if i share pics of the 3D model?

Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek answered on Aug 4, 2017

If a patent is expired, then whatever is in the patent is generally considered in public domain, meaning, that anyone should be able to use it. There may be some weird exception to this, but that is the whole idea behind patents: the inventor discloses the invention to the society, and return the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Oklahoma on
Q: Are all United States Patents good Internationally?
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki answered on Aug 30, 2015

Generally speaking, patent rights generally apply to the country in which the patent is granted, but patent protection may be sought in multiple countries. A local patent lawyer can advise based on your specific circumstances.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.