COVID-19 District of Columbia View Questions by Practice Area

  • Admiralty / Maritime
  • Adoption
  • Agricultural Law
  • Animal / Dog Law
  • Antitrust
  • Appeals / Appellate Law
  • Arbitration / Mediation Law
  • Banking
  • Business Formation
  • Business Law
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Car Accidents
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Civil Litigation
  • Civil Rights
  • Collections
  • Communications Law
  • Constitutional Law
  • Construction Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Education Law
  • Elder Law
  • Election Law
  • Employment Discrimination
  • Energy, Oil and Gas
  • Entertainment / Sports
  • Environmental
  • Federal Crimes
  • Gaming
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Government Contracts
  • Health Care Law
  • Identity Theft
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Insurance Defense
  • Intellectual Property
  • International Law
  • Internet Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Landlord - Tenant
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Lemon Law
  • Libel & Slander
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Military Law
  • Municipal Law
  • Native American Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Patents (Intellectual Property)
  • Probate
  • Public Benefits
  • Securities Law
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Small Claims
  • Social Security
  • Stockbroker Fraud
  • Trademark
  • Uncategorized
  • White Collar Crime
  • Wrongful Death

Show More Practice Areas

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 District of Columbia Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Education Law for District of Columbia on
Q: What law can I use for the Dist. of Columbia to be able to use religious exemption from the Covid vaccine for my child?

This is for my child to be able to attend school this month.

Matthew T. Famiglietti
Matthew T. Famiglietti
answered on Aug 3, 2022

You would need to get medical documentation from your child's doctor stating the child has a disability that prevents him or her from receiving the covid shot safely. I am attaching the exemption: Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for District of Columbia on
Q: Washington DC employer refuses employment verification.

Last year my employment was terminated by a non-profit based out of Washington DC. It was because I anonymously blew a whistle on my supervisor's conduct. I was told if someone were to call for employment verification, the organization would only give out the start and the end date.... View More

Matthew T. Famiglietti
Matthew T. Famiglietti
answered on Feb 2, 2021

It is highly unusual for a former employer not to give verification of employment of a former employee. Usually the verification is very general, for example Mr Smith worked for Company A from Jan 1 2020 to Jan 1 2021. You would need to contact a licensed attorney in DC for a more in depth... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for District of Columbia on
Q: Can a job let you go.For being in a methadone treatment
Matthew T. Famiglietti
Matthew T. Famiglietti
answered on Nov 12, 2020

Your question is not entirely clear. I can't tell if you went into treatment and are being prescribed methadone as part of the treatment, or if you are in treatment because of addiction to methadone.

District Courts have split on the question, especially if you have some protection...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for District of Columbia on
Q: Is there a new update or exception on green-card holder’s laws for staying abroad during the pandemic time?

If i stay outside of The united states under 6 months should i prepare any proof or document about the traveling purpose?

Ify Princess Ikeakanam
Ify Princess Ikeakanam
answered on Jun 18, 2020

Hi, as of right now, there is no new law regarding long stays outside the U.S.for GC holders. There is no harm in gathering documents regarding your travels. It could come handy when you apply for Naturalization.

Besides, staying outside the U.S for less than 6 months will typically not...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.