Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Taylor C. Hartley
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Utah on
Q: I am facing 3 Charges for contributing to a minor for alcohol but I am not of legal age to purchase it and I know the

Adult who did purchase it which then Contributes to minors , can I get these Charges Dropped? I am only 18 and not legal age to purchase

Taylor C. Hartley
Taylor C. Hartley
answered on Sep 11, 2019

According to the law, an "adult" for purposes of "Contributing to a minor" is someone who is 18. So, unfortunately, even though you are not of legal age to drink, you are of legal age to contribute to a minor. However, an attorney most likely would still be able to help you with... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Utah on
Q: I'm on probation and renting a room in my aunts house, can they search the whole house or only my property and room?

In utah

Taylor C. Hartley
Taylor C. Hartley
answered on Sep 9, 2019

Normally, law enforcement only has the right to search the area you're renting. If your rental agreement allows you to be in other parts of the house, then you're not just renting a room, but all the common areas, too. The other parts of the house may also be subject to search if you... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Utah on
Q: citation after an accident the day before i moved to Canada. I found out that I need to appear in court. options?

the day before I moved to canada I got in a car accident in which resulted in a citation. this week I found out that my appearance was requested in court. currently I am not able to leave Canada until the end of the year. what options do I have to get this matter resolved via long distance? and how... View More

Taylor C. Hartley
Taylor C. Hartley
answered on Sep 3, 2019

You can quickly resolve it by paying the fine (which may include restitution). However, if you would rather contest it, an attorney can go to court for you and resolve it without you having to come back. An attorney would be able to get the police report and figure out different options of how to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for South Carolina on
Q: Can a 17 year old get in trouble with the law in any way for beating up a 21 year old.
Taylor C. Hartley
Taylor C. Hartley
answered on Jul 9, 2019

Short answer, yes. This most likely would be assault. Depending on how severely the other person was beaten (or if a weapon was used), it could be an aggravated assault. But because this is NC law, it may be slightly different what the actual charge is, but the basics should be the same.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.