Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Karen S. Socher
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: Can I get a family law specialist to represent me for just one hearing at a low fee for November 15th.

My budget is less than $1k

Karen S. Socher
Karen S. Socher answered on Nov 4, 2019

You would call around to different family law attorneys in your area and ask them if they will do that. You are wanting to hire them on a "limited scope" (just for this one hearing) and you want to pay them a flat fee. Most charge by the hour but you may get lucky. If you want a certified famliy... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: In california family law, what are the appropriate forms to use to submit a multiple page declaration? Mc030 and mc031?

This will be for a review of temporary orders and dvro hearing combined into one.

Karen S. Socher
Karen S. Socher answered on Sep 10, 2019

If you are filing the declaration by itself then you can use MC030 for the first page and MC031 for each additional page. White out the "1 of 1" page number in the bottom right corners and put your own, for example "1 of 4" and then "2 of 4", and so on.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: What can I do if my ex husband got custody of children while i was incarcerated and took both children to Alaska.

He won't let me speak to them and he monitors conversations between my parents and the children. He had them enrolled in school and everything. I had no idea until a few days before he took them and he never had my consent or even spoke a word of it to me, even after several attempts on my part to... Read more »

Karen S. Socher
Karen S. Socher answered on Sep 10, 2019

You can file a request for orders modifying the order.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for California on
Q: what would be the first step to get a family case recalled and dissmissed

A case was started on my 4 month old and orders were granted over 24 hrs on false info and withholding information the mother didnt have no chance to show are give evidence and a chance to speak and the judge made orders with out verify that my child is on two open cases through the family courts... Read more »

Karen S. Socher
Karen S. Socher answered on Sep 9, 2019

Probably an Ex Parte Request for Orders Modifying the Custody Order and in the alternative an order shortening time to hear your request on shortened notice.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California on
Q: I want to know if i go get my kids from my x sister iñ law she has temporary custody of them. Due 2 the fact they were

Removed from him. His house was raided 4 drugs & drugs were found with both my girls being there my 15 yr old & my 12 yr old who has down sydrome. The NTF notified cps they came did a emergency removal never notified me about it. My girls were taken 2 get druged tested cps didnt all9w me 2 go... Read more »

Karen S. Socher
Karen S. Socher answered on Sep 3, 2019

Often CPS and the courts ask the parents to do things like drug test and attend classes to make sure the parent is committed to ensuring the children's safety and well being. Often success requires cooperating with CPS and showing them that you are all about the kids.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.