Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Lindy R. Urso
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: Being charge either 53a-125 for the first time ever getting arrested what am I looking at getting with a pta from court
Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso answered on Apr 10, 2019

If this is your first ever arrest, you are eligible for a program called Accelerated Pretrial Rehabilitation which, if it's granted, will lead ultimately to a dismissal of the charges. The most important thing is to make sure that any restitution / money owed is paid back in full before you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: What is the difference between grand larceny and attempted grand larceny
Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso answered on Mar 23, 2018

There is no "grand" larceny in Connecticut. In general, however, the penalties for Larceny (of any kind) and ATTEMPTED Larceny (of any kind) are the same. There are differences in what the state would have to prove in order for you to be found guilty of Larceny vs. Attempted Larceny,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: What happens if someone gets charged with breach of peace for the first time and it's there first ever offence?

I was charged with a breach of peace for flashing someone in a dunkin donuts drive through. I went to court for the first hearing and they let me apply for AR(accelerated rehabilitation) if I get accepted what will I have to do or what are some things I can expect?

Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso answered on Feb 23, 2018

If you get accepted, the Judge may impose conditions upon you that you must adhere to / comply with in order to ultimately have your matter dismissed. If by "flashing" you mean that you are alleged to have exposed yourself, the Court may impose some sort of "sex offender... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: 19 years old and in school, under investigation, should he have an attorney? My son is accused of insighting peace?!

Claims that he pulled the pin and threw a grenade into a room at my home during a birthday party, not active/ historic item, other kids picked it up and took it into the room, he didn’t have it or pull pin, it was on the floor and wasn’t put together, he picked it up and said it’s fake, and... Read more »

Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso answered on Feb 21, 2018

1. He should absolutely speak to a criminal defense attorney.

2. He should absolutely NOT speak with Police - or anyone else - about the allegations until he has spoken to an attorney.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: One of my conditons on probation are not being around minors, the judge won’t modify to see my son because I violated..

I was able to see my son since day one. I violated probation and they took my approved supervisors away so I now haven’t been able to see my son for a year. My ex went through training and paid to become a supervisor again and she’s getting the run around being told to check in next month when... Read more »

Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso answered on Feb 20, 2018

The Judge is passing the buck - he or she CAN modify the conditions of your probation such that you may have contact with one specific minor, your son. Other than that, Probation has essentially the same authority as a judge to limit your freedom.

Your best bet might be to have your...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Connecticut on
Q: Where can I find a Lawyer to help me Sue my present Lawyer for Attorney- Client sexual relations?
Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso answered on Feb 8, 2018

The first thing I suggest is that you seek an attorney from a town far away from that in which the subject attorney practice law, as local lawyers are generally a fairly tight group and do not like going after one another. Beside that, you simply need to find firms that do civil litigation and... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Domestic Violence and Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: My friend is being verbally and physically abused by her husband who is in a wheelchair can he be arrested for abuse?

I called the police last Tuesday two male and one female police officers showed up. The female took pictures of her arm which has a big bruise. The two males asked the husband if he wanted to press charges against her! He’s abusing her physically and mentally but because he’s in a wheelchair... Read more »

Lindy R. Urso
Lindy R. Urso answered on Feb 8, 2018

Yes, if the man is abusing the person physically that is an Assault, and the verbal abuse most likely equates to Disorderly Conduct, Harassment or perhaps Threatening.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.