Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Jessica Larsen
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Real Estate Law for Oregon on
Q: How can I stop my spouse from selling our home?

I am taking care a elderly father in another state and our home is in Oregon. His name is on the deed but we got the home together

Jessica Larsen
Jessica Larsen answered on Jun 26, 2018

Did you file for divorce in Oregon already? If you have, there is an automatic restraining order preventing both parties from disposing of marital assets. If you purchased the home together while you were married, the house is considered a marital asset and cannot be disposed of, regardless of... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.