Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Brandon Voelker

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Kentucky on

Q: I need help with the charge of promoting contraband in the 1st degree. I am scared to death, need advice

I have never been charged with nor have ever been in trouble in my life. I worked at the prison for almost a year with exceptional job performance appraisals. The morning I was charged, I was working a double shift that day and was in a hurry to make sure I had everything needed. I thought I picked... Read more »

Brandon Voelker answered on Aug 27, 2018

Normally most criminal statutes will require intent. You will need to speak with your public defender and advise of all facts. Appears intent will be difficult for the Commonwealth to prove.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Kentucky on

Q: Can a pedestrian be at fault in any way if they are injured by a car?

Brandon Voelker answered on Aug 22, 2018

Yes, Kentucky is a comparative fault state. A jury will decide the level of fault for each party. A person can be assinged 1-100% of the fault. For example, if the jury determines the pedestrian was at fault at all, they could be assigned a percentage of fault. For example, jury finds $100,000... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Kentucky on

Q: Is driving after smoking marijuana considered a DUI in Kentucky?

Brandon Voelker answered on Aug 22, 2018

Yes, driving under the influence can be based on any substance that impairs a persons ability to drive

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Kentucky on

Q: Can you file chapter 7 on federal income taxes

Brandon Voelker answered on Mar 28, 2017

Yes, there are very specific rules, but first and foremost, that you filed all returns timely and they were not fraudulent. You should contact a bankruptcy attorney to discuss your specific situation.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Kentucky on

Q: If an employee was full time when work related incident happened and got workers comp but changes status from full time

If an employee was full time when work related incident happened and got workers comp but changes status from full time to casual will the employee still get workers comp?

Brandon Voelker answered on Mar 28, 2017

It depends on whether the worker has returned to work and what workers compensation benefit being referred to. If you return to work, after receiving TTD benefits, and then are reduced in hours, you will probably not receive additional TTD benefits. Your medical and all other workers compensation... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.