Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Andrekita Silva

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Washington on

Q: My girlfriend is having issues with her ex to pay his half stated in the parenting plan of child care.

Her ex when she let's him know he's suppose to pay half of child care tells her to take him to court what are he options since she can't afford an attorney and the parenting plan is 5 yrs old and his montly payment is $500 for three children. How should she go about taking care of this to ensure he... Read more »

Andrekita Silva answered on Apr 2, 2018

She can contact DCS (Division of Child Support) and ask that they collect for her. Although all past due child support bears interest, they will not collect that for her. It can take DCS a long time but they will do this for her at no charge.

If EX has a job, she should consider hiring a...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Washington on

Q: Please interpret Line 4 of WAC 246-809-035.

It states in part "The licensed counselor must keep all clients records for five years following the last visit."

Thank you

Andrekita Silva answered on Apr 2, 2018

You do not provide a context for the WAC. But, it means exactly what it says. That a licensed counselor must keep records for 5 years. The WAC goes on to specify what should be included in "records". Many counselors make the fewest notations possible to avoid disclosing confidences in the event... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Washington on

Q: I live in Washington State. My 17 year old step-daughter wants to live with her father. Do we have to go court for


Andrekita Silva answered on Apr 2, 2018

As I understand it, your husband is the non primary parent and the 17 year lives with Mom. Now 17 year old wants to live with you and your husband?

If you can reach an agreement with Mother/ primary parent to modify the parenting plan by agreement, then stepdaughter can live with you...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Washington on

Q: Did my obligation to pay for the kids health insurance end when their child support ended?

My twins turned 18 in Aug 2017 and their child support ended. Postsecondary educational support began 9/1/17 with a separate Order that says nothing about paying for health insurance. I recently lost my job and my health insurance ended along with it. The kids were covered under that plan. Now... Read more »

Andrekita Silva answered on Apr 2, 2018

If you have a new order that pertains to college support, the terms/ provisions in the new order supercede the terms of an earlier order of child support . Your obligation to contribute is whatever your new order says it is.

If your prior order or other written agreement states that your...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Probate for Washington on

Q: My mother in-law wasnt informed about her father's death. Found out through Google. She was his only child. What to do?

He remarried when she was 3. No other children. The wife prevented contact and cut off contact with his daughter when he became ill with Alzheimer.

Andrekita Silva answered on Apr 2, 2018

I assume you are wondering whether or not your mother -in-law is entitled to an inheritance. A child will not necessarily receive an inheritance from a deceased father.

Assuming the deceased lived in Washington, if father had only community property and his new wife was still alive, if he...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.