Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Arkansas DUI / DWI Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Traffic Tickets for Arkansas on
Q: 2011 chrd with DWI & mid 11 w/driving susp lic in order to get CDL back does the courts release once fines tickets r pd

I received charges in the state of Ar. And I had to redo my CDL test, took drivers class, etc. Also does your driving record show if there r no citations, fines, and tickets paid?

Adam Joseph Childers
Adam Joseph Childers
answered on Aug 12, 2017

I'm don't understand what you mean by does your driving record show there are no citations. But driver control should be able to answer your questions about your record being released or getting your license back.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Traffic Tickets for Arkansas on
Q: After being bond out from a speeding over 15mph and first dwi charge arrests will the judge put me in jail again?
Adam Joseph Childers
Adam Joseph Childers
answered on Jul 24, 2017

A first time DWI offense is going to carry possible jail time and substantial fines. There are number of factors to consider in this case such as possible plea agreements with the prosecution or taking the case to trial. Unlike a DWI 2nd Offense, which carries a mandatory 7 day jail sentence, a DWI... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Domestic Violence for Arkansas on
Q: Can I get a concealed carry license in arkansas with misdemeanors on my record? Dwi 1st 03/13 and DB3 1st 01/16
W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman
answered on Jul 7, 2017

If DB3 stands for domestic battery 3rd them you can't even legally own, possess, or touch a firearm in any state in the union until you get a pardon from the governor, which is not uncommon.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Juvenile Law for Arkansas on
Q: Is it illegal for a minor in Arkansas to possess an empty wine bottle that is completely devoid of alcohol?

I am a college student and I am appealing a sanction put on me because I currently have a wine bottle filled with Christmas lights that I received as a gift. The violation is a "Violation of the Alcohol Policy." I reviewed the Student Handbook for my university and there are only two... Read more »

W. Whitfield Hyman
W. Whitfield Hyman
answered on Apr 19, 2017

It is not against the law to have the bottle. If they still find you guilty you can possibly sue under the administrative procedures act if their decision to punish you was arbitrary and capricious.

They might have entered your dorm room illegally in violation of the 4th Amendment even if...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Family Law and Civil Rights for Arkansas on
Q: I have a husband that is a severe alcoholic, ive done all I can do. Can I get a court order for rehab?
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Sep 30, 2016

In order for a court to issue an order, it must have jurisdiction. For example, if your husband had pending charges or was on probation, a court could possibly order rehab. Courts do not typically get involved in individuals' bad life choices. Your husband needs to be assessed and evaluated by... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Car Accidents for Arkansas on
Q: If you get in an auto accident causing property damage and your BAC is .07, can you be convicted of DWI?

The citation lists Arkansas statute 5-65-103 as the code violated.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Sep 6, 2016

I'd say you could. Even without PD, if you were driving and bac is over 2% if minor. If adult you are near the line that I understand is 8%. If you got a citation get a consultation from an attorney who handles DUI cases, even if you have to pay.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.